🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Problem in getting paid
Page options
oshe14
Community Member

Problem in getting paid

Hi, I'm new to Upwork. I did my 1st job and got paid hourly by the client 11 days ago. The job was posted for a fixed price and later he offered me some extra work and told me to bill him hourly. Then I bill him hourly and he said he set up the payment successfully and ended the contract. But still my balance shows $0.00 and I set up my payment method 2 days ago. Please anyone help me with this issue.

Thank you. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Oshada,

I just checked your account and I could see that your earnings are still in pending. You may check it by going to your Reports and then choose Overview. Thank you.

Untitled

My client ended the contract and told he paid but my balance is 0 why?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faisal,

I do see the contract that recently ended. Since this was an hourly contract, after a contract has ended the client has a review period and then funds will be available after a 5 day security hold. You can check your In Review tab and Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths