🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Critique Wanted
Page options
andiecava
Community Member

Profile Critique Wanted

Hello community!

I am new to Upwork, and want some feedback on my profile.  I have sent 17 proposals, with only 1 response, who did not follow up.  

I am super excited about connecting and sharing.

Have a super day!

Andie

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Angelica M wrote:

Hello community!

I am new to Upwork, and want some feedback on my profile.  I have sent 17 proposals, with only 1 response, who did not follow up.  

Have a super day!

Andie

Welcome to Upwork!  Here are a few pointers:

* "CFO Business Partner" - As a client I wouldn't go to Upwork to find a CFO.  Try using a different profile title that stands out

* You have a few "real-life" job experiences spanning the 20 years, but no details of what you've accomplished.  What are your "big wins" tackling some of the items you list in the profile?

* The first 2-3 lines are what a client sees when they do a search so make sure they stand out.

Seventeen proposals isn't that many.  It could take a few months before you land your first job.  Be patient and persistent.  

Good luck!

Thanks super much!  I appreciate your comments so much!
Angelica

You are charging $125/hour but you have zero Upwork work history.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Angelica M wrote:

Hello community!

Have a super day!

Andie

After reading your profile, I'm not sure if you offer bookkeeping (honest, reliable) or higher qualified skills more in line with the rate you want to charge. You offer decreasing cost, without telling the client how you will achieve this. You have no portfolio to back up your claims. 

In short, if somebody needs a bookkeeper he will hire online, your rate is too high. If somebody needs troubleshooting, coaching or other advice, your rate is fine, but it will be hard to find clients who will not want that expert to be on site in their company for at least some of the time. 

You need a clearer focus on what you want to offer, back it up with proof that you are able to deliver, and make sure your rate is in line with your expertise in that area. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths