🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile address
Page options
rbos88
Community Member

Profile address

Hi,

My company is registered in country A, and I am living and working in country B.

What address do I fill in to my profile?

For invoicing purposes - it should be A, but I am working in B. So that’s why I am looking for the right approach.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

Answer: Country B.

Upwork requires that freelancers identify the country in which they live as their location on their profile page.

Upwork does not allow you to specify a different country, whether that be a country that you have a registration with, or an affinity for, or special appreciation of, etc.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene, 

Preston is correct. You will have to register the country where you are currently located, and living in. On your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info), you should be able to update the address that you want to be noted on the invoices generated from your account. 

Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll be happy to help you!

~ Avery
Upwork
rbos88
Community Member

Hi Preston and Avery, thanks for your replies.

I haven't worked before from Upwork, so just getting things clear.

Usually, I would invoice myself, and the invoice is mentioning the address of my company.

Working online, and living elsewhere, this still requires me to keep the address of my company in (as it's a legal entity, so regardless of where I am - the company details are on the invoice).

Apparently this is different from working with Upwork and the address of where I am now living matters. Is this not a problem tax-wise? I guess my company name is still on the invoice from Upwork?

Thanks again!

René

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene, 

The information you put on your profile is important for us, especially if and when you are requested to verify your account information. We always request users to share verifiable and honest information about them. As such, if you currently living in a different address other than your company address, you will need to use that address for your account. You may read more about invoices in this help article. 

I would also like to add that if you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling. Please also consult with your legal adviser regarding your questions about your taxes. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rbos88
Community Member

Hi all!

Great, I guess this is what I needed: the Invoicing Address.

I already submitted my real location, but indeed need my address of my company on the invoices for my accountant.

I just tried to enter my details in the invoicing address section, and tried to save it but it comes back with:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

Any help?

Thanks,
René

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rene,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!
Still not working!
Thanks,
René
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rene,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3bfd3c20
Community Member

I attempt to complete my profile and I get this message upon entering my street address. This address could not be found. Try to select another from the list. I need help.

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties entering your address upon setting up your profile. Could you please try entering your address manually? You may check this screenshot for your reference on how to do so. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths