🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Project Length and JSS
Page options
mohzys23
Community Member

Project Length and JSS

Hello everyone, I had a good client whom I worked for on a fixed project. Now he is back after 6 months + and he wants me to help him with fixing a form. I want to know if my JSS would be affected if we use the old contract with a new milestone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Moses,

If your contract was closed previously, you and your client will not be able to use the old contract for additional tasks. The client will need to hire you on a new one.

If the contract was not closed and it's still open, the client can create a new milestone and fund it. This will not affect your JSS in any way. Once the work is completed you can ask your client to close the contract as well if they don't have any additional tasks for you. The feedback you receive on your contracts is included in your JSS claculation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Moses,

If your contract was closed previously, you and your client will not be able to use the old contract for additional tasks. The client will need to hire you on a new one.

If the contract was not closed and it's still open, the client can create a new milestone and fund it. This will not affect your JSS in any way. Once the work is completed you can ask your client to close the contract as well if they don't have any additional tasks for you. The feedback you receive on your contracts is included in your JSS claculation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the information.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths