🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Project is over but still showing in progress
Page options
smith-nichole
Community Member

Project is over but still showing in progress

I've finished my first project, and funds have been released but the contract still shows as in progress and when I go to the job it says waiting for (client) to fund a new milestone. 

I don't know what to do at this point. Do I go leave feedback for the client, and end the contract, and if I do so, does that mean I have to refund what I was paid (fixed price contract)?

I would love to get others' insights. 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nichole, 

It looks like you've already been paid for the last milestone. If the project is complete and there's no further work that needs to be done, you can ask your client to close the contract, or you can close the contract yourself. Note that the party which closes the contract is prompted to leave feedback. However, if you close the contract and the client misses to leave feedback for you, this will not impact your Job Success Score negatively in the future. 

I hope this clarifies things. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nichole, 

It looks like you've already been paid for the last milestone. If the project is complete and there's no further work that needs to be done, you can ask your client to close the contract, or you can close the contract yourself. Note that the party which closes the contract is prompted to leave feedback. However, if you close the contract and the client misses to leave feedback for you, this will not impact your Job Success Score negatively in the future. 

I hope this clarifies things. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths