🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Providing topics to blog writers
Page options
fe107b49
Community Member

Providing topics to blog writers

Hello, I'm new to UpWork.  I want to hire someone to write blogs for some of my clients' websites.  What is the typical procedure relating to this?  Do I ask them to just choose topics based on the clients' specialty, for example if it's real estate agent, then leave it to them to decide what might be an interesting topic to write about, or do I provide a subject to write about with maybe a few links to give them ideas.   What do other hiring agents here on UpWork do?

Thank you,

Irene

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
datasciencewonk
Community Member

Be as specific as possible regarding topics, outlines, etc. for the fastest turnaround times and the most precise informational result. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
datasciencewonk
Community Member

Be as specific as possible regarding topics, outlines, etc. for the fastest turnaround times and the most precise informational result. 

1cc34bde
Community Member

We managed our blog writer very tightly at the beginning (providing topics, having him send us the blogs for us to post, etc.) with the intent of moving through three additional stages.

1.  We have since moved to the point where he will post the blogs as 'pending' directly to our site, a few days ahead of the post date/time.  This allows us to reveiw the topic, the article itself, etc.

2.  The next phase will be his choosing of the topics.  We are about 4-6 weeks away from that. 

3.  The final stage will be where he 'runs' our blog.  Deciding topics and posting directly.

I know that some would say that our blog represents us to the public and we should be heavily involved but as we grow we will be adding employees, and micromanaging every single they do will just make us (poor) managers and not allow us to focus on the entrepeneurial and growth aspects of our business.

Just my thoughts on this.

tsmithninsights
Community Member

As a freelancer, I like to know the topic area so I can assess whether I can expertly speak to your topic. As an example, I write on business topics rather than general topics like sports and travel. So, if we know the topic area, we can quickly determine which blog postings "meet our niche." In my example, you can see that we have two different categories of freelance writers.

The desired length of the article / blog is valuable infromation so we know whether your budget aligns to the expected length.

Finally, it's good to know whether you're looking for an informational article or a "sales pitch." We each have our own writing styles. Mine is factual and informational so I don't respond to sales pitch requests.

Hello I have experience in blog writing.

f07b4dab
Community Member

Hello Irene i am new in upwork.please reply me if you have a work for me as freelancer blog writer 

elisa_b
Community Member

You replied to a 2017 discussion.

You will not find work here, this is just a forum.

You copied and pasted nonsense in your profile description.

Needless to say, this is not the right approach.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths