🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Request for Clarification on Service Charge o...
Page options
a76ee760
Community Member

Request for Clarification on Service Charge on Refund to Client

Hello Upwork Team, 

I have a peculiar situation with respect to a client I worked for on an hourly basis. The client hired me for a 5hr limit per week at $25 but the job was completed at the 6th hour. After I ended the contract, the client could not modify the weekly limit to accommodate the overtime of 1hour so he had to pay me via Bonus, this part is clear to me.

Now, at the end of the review for the week's job, the client made a payment for the 5hrs work which is $125 (different from the earlier paid bonus) and has now requested a refund of this $125 which is understandable as he intends to pay the 6hrs work via the Bonus. 

My dilemma about his experience is the part of the service charge which reads: 

$94.75 

(includes credit for Upwork service fee and VAT charge) 

Meanwhile, the transaction details (#44755203, #448755219, and #448755221) show that the service fee and VAT of the $125  totals at $30.25 which is far less compared to the $94.75 that will be charged for the refund of the same $125. 

Please help me to understand how much will be charged for this refund as I intend to refund the $125 as requested by the client but I had expected that the payment would be an exact reverse of itself.  Also, advise on how long I have to refund the client before it might be categorized as a delayed transaction.

Thank you for your usual and helpful responses. 

Regards 

Michael N.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a76ee760
Community Member

I have eventually realized that the $94.75 is my part of the payment while the balance will be paid by Upwork as the deducted charges. This is now understood.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a76ee760
Community Member

Hi Team,

Is anyone able to help with this inquiry, please?

a76ee760
Community Member

I have eventually realized that the $94.75 is my part of the payment while the balance will be paid by Upwork as the deducted charges. This is now understood.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths