🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Request for direct message to Telegram link
Page options
60709ca0
Community Member

Request for direct message to Telegram link

Dear Community, I am new to Upwork and could use your advice please.  I recently submitted a few proposals and today received a reply from a prospective client who is asking that I "send a direct massage to our Telegram link for vital approval and requirements about the project details".  Is this normal?  My understanding is that there shouldn't be any communication outside of the Upwork platform, so I am confused by the request.  Can you provide me with any guidance?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lanedj
Community Member

Hi Beverly, per the Upwork agreement, all communication should be via the Upwork messaging system until a contract is in place in the Upwork system.  Before that was pointed out to me, I followed up on a "Telegram" request and they immediately attempted to work with me outside the Upwork payment system (at a cut rate).  So yeah, you should tell them you need to do all that communication through Upwork and then flag the job to the system administrators.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lanedj
Community Member

Hi Beverly, per the Upwork agreement, all communication should be via the Upwork messaging system until a contract is in place in the Upwork system.  Before that was pointed out to me, I followed up on a "Telegram" request and they immediately attempted to work with me outside the Upwork payment system (at a cut rate).  So yeah, you should tell them you need to do all that communication through Upwork and then flag the job to the system administrators.

60709ca0
Community Member

Hi Derek, I appreciate your response.  Will be guided accordingly.  Thank you.

033ebcd5
Community Member

Hi 

I have recently joined Upwork and for nearly every proposal I have submitted I have received strange links or links to telegram. It seems to be a waste of time for applying for jobs. Thank you Leanne 

45c5786e
Community Member

Hi everyone to join the community group is saved to  get  more information about the clients you  can  work with. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths