🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » SCAM ALERT (All payments and communications M...
Page options
dbe95e7e
Community Member

SCAM ALERT (All payments and communications MUST be through UPWORK ONLY)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Upwork, and just got my first job. I was so excited and just jumped into it. 

👁️‍🗨The client requested me to contact the director on Telegram **Edited for Community Guidelines**, so I did.

I felt something was off and as soon as he said he uses only certine platforms for payment and the amount was $2000.

I knew... SCAM...

All payments and communications MUST be through UPWORK ONLY. 

As soon as I went to my messages to confront the client on upwork, the proposal & messages were removed from Upwork.

I'm really upset that people try to take advantage of others.

Please be carefull who you sent proposals to and stay on UPWORK

I wish everyone a succesfull week.

Have a splendid day!

This is the message that were sent to me by the client:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Suricka,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback and concerns. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about team's initiatives. Feel free to check this post for and update from our Trust & Safety team and their efforts around addressing these issues.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Suricka,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback and concerns. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about team's initiatives. Feel free to check this post for and update from our Trust & Safety team and their efforts around addressing these issues.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bf0edf6d
Community Member

The same happened to me many times

So i got feedback that many jobs are spam

f3c1c953
Community Member

Hi Maeve here. This is a terrible experience. What does one use without getting scammed?
From Maeve Brophy
b988f35d
Community Member

Hello,,I got a similar case already the job. Should I submit or not?
2a6973d1
Community Member

SMH, I just experienced the same thing, I'm like whaaaat? So this site is filled with scammers already. No No!! There has to be some strict mechanisms to put these bunch of thieves in check. Tbh I lost interest all of a sudden. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths