🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scam or not
Page options
c170da68
Community Member

Scam or not

Hi, I lost my whole post will have to start again. I submitted 2 proposals and received nearly word for word the same replies. I was told to send a message in Telegram. I **Edited for Community Guidelines** said I must pay a security fee between $40 and $80 depending on which project I choose to do. I said I dont have the money. He agreed to send screenshots to me to retype in word without me paying. I received the screenshots via email, it is a story. He said that before I begin I must choose a payment method and suggested Skrill. I asked if we cannot do it through Upwork but he said no as they handle their own payments. I read that Upworks said not to ho outside of Upwork with any part of the process. Now I got a notification that the job was cancelled. The other one was a lady and I have not received any documents from her or further communication. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Louise,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

You may want to check this help article and this thread to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

Additionally, I will share your report with our team for further review and appropriate actions will be taken as per our internal processes. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths