🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scamster and Fraudster
Page options
c2d6c821
Community Member

Scamster and Fraudster

Hello...I need to know how to report a person who lists themselves on your site for hire. I have reported him to the IRS, The Arizona Attorney General, The Arizona Office of Accountancy, the Inspector General who oversees the Small Business Administration and the Better Business Bureau. I do not want anyone else taken advantage of this person. If you don't believe me there is a FaceBook page dedicated to his victims. 

Someone, please advise me on how to report him or how I can leave a review without trying to hire him. mt email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can report a freelancer by going to their Profile page...

then click on the "Three Dots" icon...

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.27.18 PM.png

Click on "Flag as inappropriate"

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.27.25 PM.png

There may not be a radio button that precisely matches your situation. You may click on "other" and type in a description of what happened.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.28.16 PM.png

It is not necessary or helpful to report a freelancer to government agencies. If something happened on Upwork, then the place to report it is on Upwork. You probably don't even have the person's real name or contact information. But Upwork can take appropriate action against a freelancer account regardless of the authenticity of their information.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths