🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Submit button problem.
Page options
abid_hafeez
Community Member

Submit button problem.

Hi!
I have designed the files for my project but can't see submit button in My Jobs page. What is wrong? Please help I have to submit a project. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abid,

Thank you for your question. Hourly contracts do not have a specific place to upload the project files. However, you can send them to your client via Messages. Drag and drop a file right into your message room, or use the attachment tool to the left of the message box. This will attach your file to the message, and anyone in the room can open it at any time.

You can learn more about sharing files in this support article.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike J,
I had to end the project by force as it wasn't going to complete after 40hrs and make $1000 bill to my client. If I deliver the project files to my client through messaging window, how would he complete the project with review nd rating. When I topped it it asked meto do it which I did. But he is not getting the option to do that, and I need to to get more work from my new clients. What to do about it? Thnks for the roly.

Hi Abid,

I am not completely clear on what you mean about the hours and total billed to the client, but to stop billing your client, you need only turn off the time tracker. It is not necessary to end the contract. 

The client has the option to leave feedback once the contract has ended. As you ended the contract, he can return to the contract page and leave feedback for you if he has not already. Generally, we suggest that you ask your client to end contracts as it requires them to leave feedback when doing so.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

Continuation...
Also how would I get my money if the order has not been marked complete?

Hi Abid,

Hourly contracts are paid in accordance with the Weekly Billing Cycle. As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later. 

As an example, any hours you bill today (August 3rd) are part of the billing period that ends on August 9th. The client then has 5 days to review the hours before they enter into the 5-day security hold period. Funds are available for withdrawal after the security period. In this case, that would be on August 19th. 

You can learn more here.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths