🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The first order? Is it real to get an offer?
Page options
pixelion_web
Community Member

The first order? Is it real to get an offer?

Hi everyone,

I am new for UpWork. I am product an project manager of really cool Ukrainian web studio. We have very good reputation and a lot of clients who always come back with their new projects and I think this is the best mark for us.

BUT. I've been trying to get any order (even the smallest) here and I found it almost impossible.

I've watched webinars, read istructions and manuals, learned forums.

What am I doing wrong? Or maybe I need to make more efforts?

How long did you wait your first project here?

Thank you in advance for help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

My 2 cents.

You do have very impressive designs.

Your first line,"Representative Product manager'...may throw off some people.  Most people are looking for freelancers - not a middleman.  It implies that you will get the job a farm it out.

The CMS you are using is not familiar to most people.  Many are used to common stuff like 'Word Press'....In the intial phases get rid of that para.

Web design category is very competitive might be overly staturated.  Now a days anyone with a laptop can be a web designer (myself included).

Second focus on bidding high value jobs that require some special skills you offer.  Your rate...I don't know what to say.  I have heard many say that low rate might hurt you, they believe you bring in average level of skill set.

Just hang in there and good luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bobafett999
Community Member

My 2 cents.

You do have very impressive designs.

Your first line,"Representative Product manager'...may throw off some people.  Most people are looking for freelancers - not a middleman.  It implies that you will get the job a farm it out.

The CMS you are using is not familiar to most people.  Many are used to common stuff like 'Word Press'....In the intial phases get rid of that para.

Web design category is very competitive might be overly staturated.  Now a days anyone with a laptop can be a web designer (myself included).

Second focus on bidding high value jobs that require some special skills you offer.  Your rate...I don't know what to say.  I have heard many say that low rate might hurt you, they believe you bring in average level of skill set.

Just hang in there and good luck.

Thank you for your kund advices!

I will revise my profile according to your remarks.

And also I think now it's even more interesting to work here becouse of so kind people like you!

mtngigi
Community Member

@dmitry G wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new for UpWork. I am product an project manager of really cool Ukrainian web studio. We have very good reputation and a lot of clients who always come back with their new projects and I think this is the best mark for us.

BUT. I've been trying to get any order (even the smallest) here and I found it almost impossible.

I've watched webinars, read istructions and manuals, learned forums.

What am I doing wrong? Or maybe I need to make more efforts?

How long did you wait your first project here?

Thank you in advance for help!

Dmitry,

Be aware that if you're representing a team of developers, you have to set up an agency account. You cannot represent yourself as an individual freelancer unless it's only you doing the work.

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths