🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Time Tracker
Page options
tammytac
Community Member

Time Tracker

Hello!

Any tip on how to use Time Tracker and understand Work Diary? Or what topics should I read? I am a newbie and I just signed an hourly contract. 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
iamejbioneda
Community Member

Hi Tara!

Great to have you here on Upwork as a newbie freelancer 😊

To answer your time tracking question, have you downloaded it already? If not yet, you may do so here. Also, you can only use or start using the time tracker once you have officially accepted a Job Offer from a client.

The Work Diary will show the timeframe of your work -- and this is shown to the client too. Be sure to only work according to the hours stated in your contract, or avoid opening Tabs that aren't connected with your job/project to eliminate any chances of dispute. After the work week has ended, the billable hours will then be paid by the client after the 14-day security period. 😉

You can read more about Work Diary here.

Hope my response helps! Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
iamejbioneda
Community Member

Hi Tara!

Great to have you here on Upwork as a newbie freelancer 😊

To answer your time tracking question, have you downloaded it already? If not yet, you may do so here. Also, you can only use or start using the time tracker once you have officially accepted a Job Offer from a client.

The Work Diary will show the timeframe of your work -- and this is shown to the client too. Be sure to only work according to the hours stated in your contract, or avoid opening Tabs that aren't connected with your job/project to eliminate any chances of dispute. After the work week has ended, the billable hours will then be paid by the client after the 14-day security period. 😉

You can read more about Work Diary here.

Hope my response helps! Cheers.

iamejbioneda
Community Member

Hi Tara! I have replied to your inquiry 😊

Thank you very much! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths