🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Opportunity.
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,767 REPLIES 1,767
Tural B Community Member

A strong Upwork profile is essential for attracting potential clients. Learn how to craft a compelling profile that highlights your skills, experiences, and achievements. Optimize your profile with a professional photo, captivating headline, and a well-written summary to stand out from the competition.

Tural Babashov
Mykola A Community Member

I won’t tell you about the profile but with your spam on the forum you have already caught my eye. If that's what you wanted then great job! 🙂

Janson O Community Member

Hey Tural, Would you mind auditing my profile quickly: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f8619af169b2c6b2

Best,

Janson

Tural B Community Member

s a freelancer, time management is crucial for maintaining productivity and meeting deadlines. Learn effective time management techniques, such as setting priorities, creating schedules, and avoiding common distractions. Develop a balanced work routine that optimizes your productivity and work-life balance.

Tural Babashov
Tural B Community Member

Upwork's job search can be overwhelming, but with the right strategies, you can find the best opportunities for your skills. Discover how to use search filters effectively, save relevant jobs, and set up job alerts to receive personalized job recommendations. Learn to optimize your job search and focus on projects that align with your expertise.

Tural Babashov
Chris B Community Member

Hello everybody,

My name is Chris, I am 19 and I am a Content Writer and a Data Scraper.

I sent like 30 proposals, it was almost half a month ago. I just got 2 answers back that are telling me ,,I'm on hold, and that they will text me,,

37% of other proposals got only a seen.

Even tho every proposal is professional, with cover letters that are customized to the client, normal prices, few times i was bidding, too. I got a fine picture on the profile. I got a resume and a example of work on my profile.

Please take a look and let me know what should i change to get this first job and first client.

I'm feeling like I'm drowning to get my first one

Here is the link to my profile;

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01727b693ca360b002

I am waiting for your answer patiently,

Best regards, Chris.

Francis Ugoo E Community Member

Chris, you are not alone. It's a bad feeling. I have 28 bids, 3 interviews and yet no offers in 5 days on a premium account and yet with extra 60 connect purchase. Admin should answer and guide us better 

Mykola A Community Member

37% views is great result! I have an 5%.

Rock O Community Member

Hi everyone,

I want to know what a project is in upwork. I am an Expert Biology Tutor and also good at Data Entry Services. I have not landed any job since I joined last month, though I submitted 2 proposals only.

Elisa B Community Member

If I were you, I would not ruin my biology teacher profile with trivial stuff like data entry, typing, file conversion or copy paste (how copying and pasting something could be a job?).

Work on your profile, take the Academy courses, and be prepared to spend lots of money in connects before finding a job. Competition is high. Scammers are everywhere, targeting new freelancers like you. Please be careful and read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Rock O Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I will do as you have instructed.

Klabsh B Community Member

Hi my name is klabsh I search for job I have been in up work 1 week I can't find any job can someone help me 

Saeed I Community Member

AoA,

I am saeed.

I am from Pak............

I am blogger,content writer,and novel writer.....

Mary Margaret G Community Member

Investigate the Learning Path videos?

Ahmed A Community Member

Hello dears 

My name is Ahmed and I'm a Google Ads search Certificated by Google I can launch a successful search campaigns and achieve the exact client's goals get the lowest CPC with achieving the highest conversations at the same time but the problem is that I can't get my 1st work here because of my profile it's a whole new account, my hourly wage is to low for now I promise with doing the best for any potential customer.

Ahmed A Community Member

Runa A Community Member

Hi  ,
I am a DATA ENTRY /Digital Marketer and new to Upwork. I have been struggling to get my first Preoject Catelog. I have submitted about many proposals to different leads base projects. How do I get my job?

I will try for few month but I will not success.
I really need help.

Zobayda K Community Member

Just active few months and follow some rule

Runa A Community Member

i am already 1 year try for getting work but no way i found for get work

Runa A Community Member

Thanks but plz tell me upwark rules 

Md Omar F Community Member

Hi how are you 

Dulal A Community Member

Hi runa how are you 

Saidul I Community Member