🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Introduction Post - Virtual Admin / Digit...
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
303 REPLIES 303

Hello I'm Eldana and I'm looking for as an entry level job. I've dedications to do any work.

Similarly to the situations of Shurmeen S and Kristel A, if you have any tasks related to electrical work, programming PLC HMI, data entry in Google Spreadsheets, or any other tasks, I am quick to assist with a variety of responsibilities. I am available for work, despite having a new account on Upwork, while also bringing experience from the local market

Hi Gio, I have over 2 years VA / digital marketing with over 8 years of project management so happy to stay on your list if you have overflow on projects. Thanks! -Lisa

Hi Gio, nice to connect with you. I'm new to upwork, but I have around 7 years of experience in various projects - technical writing, grants, social media writing, business proposals, and news articles. I've been in the clinical research space, but I'm a creative at heart so I'm flexible. Currently in medical school. I'd love to land my first gig on upwork, so please stay in touch if there's anything you could send my way 🙂 -Crystal

14e71cd4
Community Member

Am Frances Ngozika, thanks for having me here 

4d172b10
Community Member

HEY! I am Ghazala. 

hi my name is Anasta iam expert in ms excell, word, typewriting at 50 words per minute a consultant in business administration, virtual admin services as well as public relations, i am new in upwork so far i havent gotten any job for startup, i will be glad if i find any to start me up.

regards

2adcb183
Community Member

Hello,

I am CA Finalist and Microsoft Excel & Word Expert having 3.5 years experience of working with well known Clients.I made Upwork account on 29 Feb 2024. My profile is 100% complete.I have also created two Specialized profiles in addition to General profile.
I have made total 6 proposals till now.out of which only 2 viewed by client.
I am not sure where i am lacking. I try my best to write proposal relevant to the job.
Need your Advice and Suggestions please. It's getting very difficult for me to get the 1st Order.

Thanks and Regards

Hasnain Ali

8fe8b754
Community Member

Hello everyone! My name is Mekete Getachew and I am excited to introduce myself as a newbie in the world of freelancing. Looking for entry level positions, I hope to gain experience in this field. I am confident that with my determination and knowledge, I can become a successful freelancer.

3c83b3c7
Community Member

How do i get to land on my first contract faster.

ca883c38
Community Member

Hello, I'm Jesús, a very proud Mexican, I love my country.

I am new here, I have had many, many conflicts to configure the account, unfortunately the complete procedure to have the profile 100% is quite obscure and not at all clear, but not the procedure for purchasing CONNECTS (without seeming to complain).

Anyway, I will continue trying to get my first contract.

A hug.

85d7cdb6
Community Member

I am new here, kindly help me on how to get a job you can also review my profile 

69442bf1
Community Member

Hello here my name is akeyo marion. a hotelier, a virtual assistant, receiptionist with experience and recipe organiser. please help know how to write my portfolio for me to earn a job. 

It is my humble request that i get to be helped on matters concerning work, profile editting and what to be do done to attract clients 

Hi, how can I build a portfolio and am new here I've never landed on a job

4b58dada
Community Member

Hola, soy principiante pero con muchos deseos de EMPEZAR A TRABAJAR. No sé cómo obtener tener los "Conects". Y cómo alcanzar el 100% de mi Perfil.  Si alguien me puede ayudar, estará muy agradecida. Bendiciones para todos!!

1d5fd872
Community Member

Subject: Professional Translator Seeking Opportunities

Dear Hiring Manager,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is  Ben Maniar, and I am a professional translator with a strong command of  English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian, and Arabic Your Language and a track record of high-quality, timely work.

Over the years, I have honed my skills in various settings, translating documents ranging from technical manuals to literary works. My commitment to preserving the original tone and meaning of the source material, while ensuring the translation is culturally appropriate and easily understood, sets me apart in this field.

I am now looking to bring my skills to the Upwork platform, where I believe I can add significant value to clients like you. I am confident that my expertise in translation, coupled with my dedication to delivering exceptional results, would make me a valuable asset to your project.

I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss how my background and skills would make me a strong fit for your translation needs. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the possibility of working together.

Best regards,

Ben Maniar.

Click the above Academy link for how to land a Job on Upwork.

thank you so much, William, I appreciate it.

ba17cc8c
Community Member

I'm new here please help me find a job and give me some tips on how to start working

6603b689
Community Member

Hi

Will a new freelancer like me have possibility to get clients? Because I am started to desperate in spending connects, complete my profile with all the attachment like video etc, but still have no clients even to visit my profile.

if all they wanted is an experienced one, so we never had a chance but to buy connects ?

1217af3e
Community Member

Hey! I'm new to Upwork and hoping to land my first client. Any advice or tips you could share would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

85cd2831
Community Member

Hello am new here am a guy with a passion in reading books and articles in addition to being a self taught reviewer and ready to learn and would appreciate anyone willing to help on the way forward towards garnering that first project.thanks in advance 

f29100ff
Community Member

Hi, I am new to the community, and I would like to know how I know if my profile is verified by Upwork, thank you.

b07be543
Community Member

Hello all 

9962b8df
Community Member

Hi everyone, I hope you all be ok and already working on. This is my first time in this kind of platform. Don´t know how to start, so I totally accept any advise! 

Patricia

Congrats on joining! Click the above Academy link to winning tips.

4f7e0748
Community Member

please give me some advice about how to get the first order in my project.

Please click the above Academy link to learn how to land that first Job.

ccb4037a
Community Member

how to find jobs ? i am new here and i have no idea of all it.

7c72f2ec
Community Member

Please share your tips to get first job on upwork

bdcbbdad
Community Member

New here.

Need tip to get my first freelance jobs

2872f67e
Community Member

Finding Work

87a55081
Community Member

Upwork

a2a73b9f
Community Member

hi i am new to this community i would like to find out more how things work here

e4e6b485
Community Member

New to upwok:finding work 

85c12656
Community Member

I am new to the job. I am a home maker. I need part time jobs for age 55, work from home data entry typing. Someone please get me a job.

Hi Shobana,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! The Upwork Community is where you can ask and answer questions, search for topics, learn, network with members, and get updates about Upwork.
Let’s get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:
You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
The Community is also where members can share feedback on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have ideas on how we can improve your experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share them!
We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
pandosingh
Community Member

How can i contact the employer after i find the employer ad or job?

Hi there

I am new to UPwork.

Can any onetell me as how to contact he employer ?

say for example i search Transcription , so it shows me the work of the employer , but i dont see as how can i contact he employer for work?

Please can anyone help me

Hi Anant Singh,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! This is where you can ask and answer questions, browse topics, socialize, learn, network with other members, and stay updated about Upwork's latest news.
As a community member, you can also share your feedback on existing features and suggest new ones. If you have any ideas to improve your experience on Upwork, don't hesitate to share them here!
To help you get started on Upwork, we recommend checking out the following Upwork Academy courses:
Additionally, we encourage you to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to enhance your success on Upwork.
We hope these resources will be valuable to you as you embark on your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
a5a0c2b8
Community Member

Hi All .Happy to join this team. I am Joseph Gachagua from Kenya Africa. 

A consultant in Agriculture.

Looking forward to gainful interaction 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths