🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tips for finding that first job
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

740 REPLIES 740

Submission of applications is the smallest thing, in addition to submitting an application, you need to meet the requirements of the vacancy, fill out the cover letter correctly and competently, and sometimes respond very quickly to fresh work due to competition
Thank you all 😎 regards Anatoly

Community Member

I am new hear, I really need to understand how to get a job and how to get much skill in freelancing

fde26dc3
Community Member

how can i work on the upwork

yes easily

How I mind go to get my first client on this business because I'm relly confused here 

Tijanibagu

Hi, it has been actually very difficult for me to get a reply to my proposals. I have been sending proposals since October last year and I have been replied to like 5 times only, but still didn’t get a contract.

So I would advice you to not dismay, search for tutorials on how to write your proposals as well as check Upwork’s talent academy for more tips, and keep your profile updated and keep trying.

Best wishes!

How l con start freelance for the first time 

I am not getting clients

Muzammal Hussain

I have spent all my connects tryign to get any sort of work from this site. I havnt even gotten close to a bite. Now they want me to purchase connects? WHY? Why would I purchase connects when i am getting absolutly nothing from this website? makes no sense. For all i know i could spend my entire life savings on connects and never get a single $15 job. 

Hey! I am a new member of the platform and want to start a business that focuses on grammar editing, professional copywriting, and academic essay writing/editing. I'm looking forward to learning while here and getting my first few jobs! Any tips on where to begin? 

I'm new to UpWork but experienced in real life,

what do you suggest for me to win proposals? Some tricks & tips that helps me get jobs faster

Skills + good profile + well-written proposal = clients

Hi, I am new to this platform. How can I improve my account and how can I get more work from Upwork? Can anyone help me give information ?

Thank you.

Just skills, a great profile, and the ability to write killer proposals. It might seem hard, but once you get a hold of it, it becomes easier.

I start working for new technologies I created small project in it but i feel clients don't feel confident when I applied in similar technologies. whats the best way to win proposal in new technologies ?

Dear Members of our Community Group,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding my experience on Upwork. I have been a member of this platform for more than two months now, and I have yet to secure a job. I even upgraded my membership, but still, no luck.

I am reaching out to you all because I believe that some of you may have more experience in this field and could help me identify any issues with my profile. I have seen some jobs that I know I can do perfectly, but I have not been successful in securing them.

I acknowledge that I am new to Upwork, but I have worked on other freelance sites before. However, I am now fully committed to Upwork and wish to make it my primary source of income.

Therefore, I kindly ask that someone in this group could take a few moments to review my profile and offer me constructive feedback. Perhaps there is something that I am doing wrong that I am not aware of, and your input would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Best regards.

Don't give up yet. You have to keep trying and improving your portfolio 

When do I start getting jobs?

Just wondering from some of the best here where is the best place to start. 

Hi everyone, hope you doing well. I am on upwork from almost 2 or 3 years but still to date I did not get any job yet. I regularly apply for my domain area jobs, my profile is shown a scomplete but still no earning in these 2 to 3 years. which really make me clueless. Below is my profile link: 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016a3c9e6647d7b195

At moment my profile is set to private due to no job. However I submit request to upwork to make it public again.

any valuable suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks

Sir,

Better learn from the learning path (Academy), just click from the menu, it will guide you step by step.

Hey everybody!

I am new to Upwork and have sent a lot of proposals with customized cover letters in the last two weeks without much luck.

It looks like I have 55 submitted proposals and then another 29 proposals that were withdrawn from Upwork because my account was not verified yet. So far, I have had one response.

I have been a tech startup founder for the last 6 years. After selling my last company, I started a new one that focuses on CRM implementations. My goal was to get started using Upwork as my lead source.

Any tips?

Appreciate any insights!

your "deep fake" intro video is pretty bad, weak and creepy

Haha I appreciate the honesty! I switched to a professionally designed proposal without the voiceover. I keep avoiding that. 

How did you slip an A.I. reworked profile pic past upwork?

Seems like alot of buzz-word speak, with out a proven track record.

Your youtube channel comes across about like a crypto scam channel.

Just the way it all comes across. All sitting in the middle of the uncanny valley.

Nick,

Please click the Academy link on the top of this page for success TIPS. There are many changes that need to be made to your Profile and the Academy information will help. Thanks!

William,

Please review my profile and give tips for getting first order. I see your profile you have extensive experience and generate revenue 900K+ Amazing!!!  With the experience give me tips how to earn handsome amount

Ahmad,

Please focus on two keywords in the Title such as "Off-Page SEO and Technical SEO" or whatever matters the most to your clients. Reformat the Summary into four short paragraphs. Currently it is too long and spammy for clients. Remove the emoticons. Add a Project Catalog. Thanks!

Yes I'm freelancer and Digital marketing provide guest posting provide

Hi, Hope You all doing well. I am struggling on upwork, but not success  . what can I DO

Exact is the situation to find your first client as to find a needle in a Hay stack. When you think How you'll find a needle in Hay stack, apply same out of the box method to find your first client. 

Go to ACADEMY

OPEN LEARNING PATHS

HONESTLY VIEW VIDEOS

TAKE ASSESMENTS AFTER VIDEO COMPLETES

JUMP ON NEXT LESSON

APPLY METHODS TAUGHT IN VIDEOS

hi guys, 

i really dont know what to find here or how to do it.hope you guys help me out.

Someone guide me plz to acheive work here.My skills set are so simple anyway.

Hi there 

My name is Muhammad salman I am new here any one who guide me to work on upwork, I need your cooperation to help me finding suitable jobs

since I joined Upwork I did not get any job. but I am still trying, also a shortage of connects. what can I do for success

• I want to do work on Upwork please someone help me ? 

Welcome here, Saif U.

Its any easy enviornment, you will enjoy on it.

You can get more learning tips throgh the link below.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Learning-Paths/ct-p/LearningPaths

Regards.

Hi

Can someone help me for searching a job on Upwork 

You need to complete your profile before looking for work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths