Andrew B Member Since: Aug 9, 2020
21 of 118
Thanks for your help!
Highlighted
Rufaro L N Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
22 of 118

Greetings.

Its a welcoming community and platform.

My name is Rufaro and I'm also brand new.

I like data analysis.

I need help in 2 areas.

1. Can someone kindly check my profile and see if it is easy to follow and clear enough to attract relevant projects.

2. I have been trying to figure out some mechanism on this platform for interacting with prospective clients or to learn about some of their problems in data analysis and handling.

Kindly give me the links.  

Many thanks for your time.

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
23 of 118

Hi Rufaro,

Thank you for your message! I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools.

Here are some additional tips for writing a great Title and Overview.

As for interacting with prospective clients, there is not a way for a freelancer to initiate contact with a client prior to submitting a proposal.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Rufaro L N Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
24 of 118

Hi Mike,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review my profile. Your comments and suggestions have been very helpful.

Many thanks 

Kind Regards

Rufaro

Highlighted
Narayan Member Since: Aug 3, 2020
25 of 118

Hello Mike,

I've applied to nearly 74 jobs in the past 2 months and have been hired by 2 clients and interviewed by 3 other clients ( but didn't win jobs).

I'm always improvising my proposal according to the clients's project and provide relevant samples in the proposals.

Could you please correct me where am I going wrong?

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
26 of 118

Hi Narayan,

Thank you for your message.  Your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Therefore, consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. 

• The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. 
  • Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. 
  • Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools. 
  • If appropriate, let your personality shine through (include some excitement), and show your qualities and praise the work you do, instead of focusing on yourself.
  • Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values (e.g. I believe in strong communications or thorough upfront planning), industries or lines of businesses you have worked in before, and the types of clients you have worked with before (start-ups, solo entrepreneurs, large businesses, etc.)

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Nabil H Member Since: Mar 29, 2020
27 of 118

Hi Mike,

I have an urgent question regarding an interview test that I've received from an Upwork plus client, this interview test was sent by email from the client, I need a guidance for the process since I am new.

Thanks a lot for your quite response.

Best regards.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
28 of 118

Hi Nabil,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the client's name or the job title? Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Nabil H Member Since: Mar 29, 2020
29 of 118

Hi Goran,

Yes it's done, meet you there, thanks a  lot.

Regards

Highlighted
Gail D Member Since: Aug 6, 2020
30 of 118

Hi Mike

Thank you for the tips!  I am just starting out and would like feedback on my profile.  I have both administrative assistant skills and would like to work remotely using those skills.  I also have experience proofreading, something that I am interested in doing more of. Is combining both skills into one profile too much?  I definitely need to work on my proposals so I’ll check out the links listed.

Thank you.

Gail