🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Trying Hard to Get my First Job any one who c...
Page options
yakshsingla
Community Member

Trying Hard to Get my First Job any one who can Suggest their Reviews

Hello Everyone,

I am a Social media marketer and SEO Executive. please, friends, suggest me to what changes I'll do to my profile so I can get my first Job.

regards

Yakash
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bingiart
Community Member

Some jobs require trust along with skill.

Build some trust first.

Getting the first job on any freelance site is a bit difficult. Even if you have a good experience.

So, how to get a job?

According to my experience...

• Target some countries clients. Try to be online more when your clients are working.
  • Try to apply as soon as the job is posted. Because at that moment they are also online. At that time you will have more chances to get job.
  • Target as small clients as possible in the beginning.
  • Apply immediately if any client has urgent work.
  • Make a minimum bid for the initial few jobs. (approx 1 to 5 jobs)

Another way: UpWork payment method is so good, you can bring in outside client's here too. 

You work like a Product(App) here. Think, before we install an App in our mobile we search, Is it listed in google play store? How many people have downloaded it? Also, we read some positive and negative comments. This is also same.

How to bring in outside customers?

• Mail/SMS to Social Media/Website/YouTube owners who are starting out professionally.
  • Check out their Social Media/Youtube/Website first. Tell them know what kind of problems they have with their Website/Social Media/YouTube.
  • Bringing clients to upwork is free.
  • Tell clients how secure Upwork is.

Note: Please create a Consultation Project on UpWork. You can start this way.

This is my opinion.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
c1c9191c
Community Member

I would suggest adding more items to your Portfolio section.

Keep applying for jobs, it takes some time to get a first customer.

Good luck!

Thanks for your Suggestions Aleksandra I'll consider your Suggestions  

Yakash
69061d39
Community Member

Hi Yakash,

See the page below where you can submit your profile to be reviewed. Click on the link below:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Get-Profile-Feedback-from-Experienced-Freelancers-on-U...

Make sure your profile is not set to "private" and then reply to the original post. Someone should reach out to you.

I hope this helps. And don't give up, have faith. It can take a while before you land your first job.

Sure Andy J,

Thanks, For giving your special time to me, definitely i am going to do this. now. thanks for your time 

Yakash
bingiart
Community Member

Some jobs require trust along with skill.

Build some trust first.

Getting the first job on any freelance site is a bit difficult. Even if you have a good experience.

So, how to get a job?

According to my experience...

• Target some countries clients. Try to be online more when your clients are working.
  • Try to apply as soon as the job is posted. Because at that moment they are also online. At that time you will have more chances to get job.
  • Target as small clients as possible in the beginning.
  • Apply immediately if any client has urgent work.
  • Make a minimum bid for the initial few jobs. (approx 1 to 5 jobs)

Another way: UpWork payment method is so good, you can bring in outside client's here too. 

You work like a Product(App) here. Think, before we install an App in our mobile we search, Is it listed in google play store? How many people have downloaded it? Also, we read some positive and negative comments. This is also same.

How to bring in outside customers?

• Mail/SMS to Social Media/Website/YouTube owners who are starting out professionally.
  • Check out their Social Media/Youtube/Website first. Tell them know what kind of problems they have with their Website/Social Media/YouTube.
  • Bringing clients to upwork is free.
  • Tell clients how secure Upwork is.

Note: Please create a Consultation Project on UpWork. You can start this way.

This is my opinion.

Nice tips, thanks Vijaya

Thanks Buddy, very informative.

Yakash

I thought by going through this will help me a lot, but still looking for my first job

Yakash

thanks Vijay

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths