🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork doesn't recognize my address when I tr...
Page options
cb5295a0
Community Member

Upwork doesn't recognize my address when I try to create a profile

As the subject states my address isn't listed in Upworks available auto-fills and it does not accept my manually typed or Chrome auto-fill. It seems there are many others who have experienced the same issue when creating their profile, however posting this and waiting for a response seems to be the only way to resolve the location verification issue.

Thanks!

(P.S. I'm available to work on this issue)

53 REPLIES 53

Hi Pati,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
53503c52
Community Member

I am also having the same issue and am unable to find any way to put in a support ticket for assistance. 

Hi Nicole,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties adding your address. However, you should be able to see the option to add your address manually below the "Street Address" section, like in this screenshot. If the issues persist, please let us know and share a screenshot of the error so we can check.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1e4e3cff
Community Member

I faced this problem, but I contacted technical support and was able to solve it

That's awesome, Wahba! Thank you for your response and confirmation. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b66e7686
Community Member

I am having this issue as well.

Hi Kuuipo,

Could you please try to add your address manually below the "Street Address" section, like in this screenshot? If the issues persist, please let us know and share a screenshot of the error so we can check.

~ AJ
Upwork

There is no option to put a screen shot of my address.

Hi Kuuipo,

I'm sorry for the confusion; AJ was referring to the screenshot in her post as an example. 

Please try entering your address manually by following these steps:

1. Please try to enter "AAA" on the address field and select the first search result: https://url.upwork.com/_01a9kiPr7ejznvn4XnB17vNRwzE6bGyH8S
  2. Once selected, you should see this button "Enter Address Manually": https://url.upwork.com/_01a9kiPr7ejzlfyly2yvrR_yejZXAsXCgb
  3. When you click that, please complete the street address, city, state, and zip code accordingly.

Let me know if this helps, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you still need assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e088ed5d
Community Member

Hello, I also have the same problem. It doesn't recognize my city (Kanakeravan) and also my degree (Master of Psychology)

Hi Agapi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
156a52e9
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I also am in a new house/land purchased where google does not recognize. I have verified my land and obtained my address. It is correct and true. I need assistance in resolving this right away to complete my profile and get working.

Hi Rebecca,

I can see that you successfully created your account with your address. If you want to validate it or make any changes, go to Settings > Contact Info. If your address isn't recognized, you should see the option to enter it manually, like in this screenshot.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cf05215b
Community Member

I understand your concern about Upwork not recognizing your address when trying to create a profile. Address verification is an important step on Upwork to ensure the accuracy of your location. If you're facing difficulties with the address verification process, here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Check for Typos: Double-check the address you entered for any typos or mistakes. Even a small error can cause issues with verification.

2. Use a Common Format: Ensure you are using a commonly recognized format for your address, including your street name, city, state/province, and postal/ZIP code. Sometimes, unconventional address formats can cause issues.

3. Try a Different Browser: Sometimes, issues with auto-fill or form submission can be browser-specific. Try using a different browser to see if the problem persists.

4. Contact Upwork Support: If the issue continues, it's a good idea to reach out to Upwork support directly. They can help you resolve this problem and manually verify your address if necessary.

5. Provide Additional Documentation: Upwork may require additional documentation for address verification. Be prepared to provide proof of your address, such as a utility bill or driver's license, if requested.

6. Be Patient: Address verification may take some time, and Upwork may manually review your information. Be patient while they process your request.

7. Post on Upwork Community: You mentioned that you've seen others with similar issues. You can also post your issue on the Upwork Community forum. Sometimes, other users who have faced the same problem can provide helpful insights or solutions.

If none of these steps work, contacting Upwork support is likely the best course of action. They can provide personalized assistance in resolving the issue with your address verification.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths