🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork fee deduction
Page options
deypriyanka23
Community Member

Upwork fee deduction

I did a project for $40. The client promised me an extra $1 as bonus (Edit: client forgot to pay me the bonus). The client has already initiated the payment. But, on the overview section, the pending amount is $34.88. Shouldn't it be more after the Upwork service fee deduction (even without counting the bonus)? 

3 REPLIES 3
dimany
Community Member

There is a tax deduction fee. Check your report summary page for the amount deducted for tax.

lama-pema
Community Member

Hey Priyanka! idk about other nations, but for Indian now there is 2% GST. ya know how 10% is Upwork fee 40-4 = 36 and then $0.4 is for WHT and then 2% is for GST. You will find the calculation, when you tap on pending and then you'll find other payments and adjustments. 

Hi Pema,

I appreciate your response and your explanation of the charges. I would like to further clarify that the GST for Indian freelancers is 18% of the freelancer service fee, as per the government regulations. The freelancer service fee in this case is $4.00, and the GST amount is $0.72 (18% of $4.00). Therefore, the total earnings for this project would be $34.88 ($40-$4-$0.4-$0.72). I hope this clarifies the calculation and the breakdown of the charges.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths