🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork payment protection now working.
Page options
Community Member

Upwork payment protection now working.

I had submitted for a milestone payment request.

14 days had passed and the client decided to decline the request.

According to fixed payment protection that milestone should have been released automatically which didn't happen.

Please help.

9 REPLIES 9
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nagesh,

The client has the full 14 days to review the milestone before it is automatically released. It looks like they asked for changes right on time before the review period closed. You can learn more about Fixed-Price Protection here and how to Dispute Non-Release of a Milestone Payment here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I had a look at the timelines and I am definitely sure the time taken is more than 14 days for sure.Hence I am certain I wasn't covered under the upwork fixed price protection and it has clearly failed to protect me for such unfortunate situation 

The milestones for a fixed-price rate are not protected. They go into a review for 14 days, not 14 hours. If the client declined your request, it might be because they need some changes to be done.

The hourly price contracts have protection, and that is with tracking your time. Maybe you had the two confused.

Hi Cassidy,

I had a typo there,

I meant 14 days not 14 hours

That's okay.

Didn't the client provide feedback about why they declined? If they needed a little change or a little more work to be done?

The client maintained a total radio silence of 14 days and then he declined after that period Asking for more work to be done.

Hence as a freelancer, I am just thinking why didn't the payment get released since the client didn't respond for 14 days and upwork has this policy that in such case the amount should get released to the freelancer, which didn't happen in my case.

Hi Nagesh,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

No one from upwork came back to me with the ticket and I only have 4 more days to act on it.

@Nikola Please expedite the process as soon as possible

You should talk to your client and find out why they're not happy with your work, and try to address the problem. You can't afford to take any further deductions to your JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths