🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » WEEKLY LIMIT
Page options
81ffd312
Community Member

WEEKLY LIMIT

Hi guys

I am quite new to upwork, just accepted an offer which states 1hour as weekly limit. Does that mean i will be paid for 1hour. Kindly help 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Temitope,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that for hourly projects, there is a maximum number of hours freelancers can invoice to a client in one billing week. This limit is set by the client and should be mutually determined before work begins. Weekly limits help freelancers and clients agree on scope and budget and can be changed through the duration of a project as needed. 

• Only the client can set or change a limit, but the client and freelancer should communicate about how many hours will be needed. 
  • Only hours within a contract's weekly limit are protected. Hours that go over the limit won’t be billed.
  • Clients can issue bonus payments for any hours worked beyond weekly limits.

You can find more information in this help article. Additionally, I encourage you to check this page for more information about getting paid for hourly contracts.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Temitope,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that for hourly projects, there is a maximum number of hours freelancers can invoice to a client in one billing week. This limit is set by the client and should be mutually determined before work begins. Weekly limits help freelancers and clients agree on scope and budget and can be changed through the duration of a project as needed. 

• Only the client can set or change a limit, but the client and freelancer should communicate about how many hours will be needed. 
  • Only hours within a contract's weekly limit are protected. Hours that go over the limit won’t be billed.
  • Clients can issue bonus payments for any hours worked beyond weekly limits.

You can find more information in this help article. Additionally, I encourage you to check this page for more information about getting paid for hourly contracts.

~ Nikola
Upwork
81ffd312
Community Member

Thanks Nikola. I appreciate this. So you mean the work limit should be the number of hours agreed by both parties weekly?

Hi Temitope,

Thank you for following up. Yes, you are correct.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths