🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What does Skills And Deliverables Mean?
Page options
allpurposewriter
Community Member

What does Skills And Deliverables Mean?

When you want to add to your portfolio, it requires you to fill in "Skills and Deliverables."

There is no clue in the world what that means. I typed in "writing," that did not help. I typed in "jouranalism." Still nothing. 

I then found a drop down menu that includes absolutely nonsense  options such as WRE. 

I clicked on a few of those. It did not work.

I now cannot even find the drop-down menu that provided me with those undeciperable options.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?????????????????????? 

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

Cancel it then recreate. Have no idea about "Skills and Deliverables", got no problems when creating.

Are you sure that you need project. I created, got 20\20 scammers, some of them succefully scamed me, deleted. Projects it is a fiver parody, but buggy and unsafe.

PradeepH

Hi Anthony,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding a portfolio item. I am here to assist you with this concern. The 'Skills and Deliverables' option seen on the portfolio requires you to enter skills that best describe the work you're showcasing on your portfolio. These could include specific skills related to your project or the outcomes/deliverables you produced. You need to enter the first few words of your skills and Upwork will suggest the relevant skills option in the drop down. You can select from these suggestions or continue typing your skills.

If this is not working as expected, you will need to try again after refreshing your page. Alternatively, you can try clearing the Cookies and Cache on your browser and then attempt again. If the issue persists, I recommend using a different browser. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you continue to experience any problems.

- Pradeep

Upwork
allpurposewriter
Community Member

Pradeep,

I've filled that slot with "feature writing," "journalism," "magazine work," "interviewing" and a dozen other SKILLS used in the project. Every time I get to the next step, the system stops and says "FIX THE ERRORS" and points to that Skills and Deliverables option. 

I've done that 400 times. Probably more.

I still have no clue what "DELIVERABLES" means. This probably breaks every record in the book when it comes to word corruption. Is there a word "rejectables"? If there is, the word "DELIVERABLES" is a rejectable word made up by someone whose IQ wasn't up to the task of inventing a new word.

The drop down menu, meanwhile -- which appears and disappears without any instructive clue why -- comes up with suggestions like, "WRE" or "SWK." I tried a few of those just for laughs. That didn't work, either. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths