🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why have I not been paid yet?
Page options
heatherm2020
Community Member

Why have I not been paid yet?

I am new to Upwork but have started an hourly contract with a client. He says the amount has left his account but I am not able to access it still. It has been 2 weeks since the work was completed and he has no disputes. How do I make sure I get paid for the work I have completed? Why has it taken 2 weeks and the payment is still not available?

4 REPLIES 4
gaspardjack
Community Member

Hi, I have already looked at all the help forums and done everything there. It still shows as not available. Where is a customer service number I can contact? 2 weeks is a very long time for payment to be made available.

Hi Heather, 

I understand how the wait can be frustrating especially at this time. We understand your concern about reducing the security period for your withdrawals. We currently have established an internal task force that is working on how we might do this, and we will keep you posted on these efforts. Please know that this is working as designed, and payments to freelancers will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. At this time, we do not have any way of making the process faster. 

I checked your account (Reports > Overview)  and can see that you already have earnings available to be withdrawn to your chosen payment method. You may access the links I have noted above for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather,

You can check your Pending tab and the In Review tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

When you work on hourly contracts your client will be billed every Monday for the hours tracked in the previous week. To learn more about how you`re getting paid on hourly contracts check out our Weekly Billing Cycle guide.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths