cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why nothing?

Marshall L Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
1 of 22
2 week newbie, 25 proposals. No contacts and only 2 profile views! Wtf! This sucks.......
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 22

Sounds like me when I started. Welcome to Upwork.

Highlighted
3 of 22
Lol!
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 22

Here is one reason why:

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.14.23 PM.png

You're obviously not serious about being here.

5 of 22
I posted my luxurious resume, What’s up with the algorithm and why can’t I view my resume.pdf?
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 22

Marshall L wrote:
I posted my luxurious resume, What’s up with the algorithm and why can’t I view my resume.pdf?

Well now you have got what you wanted - a little high-level attention on Upwork's forum - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 of 22
Wow!
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 22

re: "I posted my luxurious resume, What’s up with the algorithm and why can’t I view my resume.pdf?"

If you can't view it, you can be certain that potential clients can't view it either.

Nobody who is successul on Upwork as a freelancer "posts their resume" and calls it a day.

Clients who use Upwork may view freelancers' "profiles" or "profile pages."

If you don't have a real profile page, and you are competing with other freelancers who DO have a profile page, then you are obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to being picked to be hired for jobs.

9 of 22
I can appreciate that. As I said I uploaded my resume. Read that a copy what sent with proposal. But it’s the profile page that clients see and not actual resume and profile page does not post uploaded resume which makes me wonder why I was asked to upload in first place. But hey it’s been fun having gurus gang up me.
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 22

Marshall L wrote:
I can appreciate that. As I said I uploaded my resume. Read that a copy what sent with proposal. But it’s the profile page that clients see and not actual resume and profile page does not post uploaded resume which makes me wonder why I was asked to upload in first place. But hey it’s been fun having gurus gang up me.

Not ganging up on you, just twitching our BS antennae - and your profile does nothing to prove we are wrong - particularly your "webmaster" claim. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS