🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Working platforms - where and how?
Page options
4a2db6fd
Community Member

Working platforms - where and how?

I'm new to upwork and read about using the Upwork desktop app for tracking.

1. I wonder if this is a mandatory tool (as I use 2 different computers and might not to use the same where the app can be downloaded)?

2. Once I got an offer, do I use a platform outside Upwork? (writing the content in Word, sending via email etc.?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I couldn't find related info elswhere.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Reka,

Thank you for your message. Upwork DestopApp is designed for tracking your time on hourly contracts, sending messages and Payment Protection. Check this help page for more information. You can install Desktop App on multiple devices in case you use multiple computers. Please note that time can be billed only on one computer at a time and you cannot log hours on multiple devices at the same time. Lastly, once you have accepted an offer on Upwork, you can use any external tools for work and communication. Please ensure all payments are accepted via Upwork only to avoid possible fraud and non-payments. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Reka,

Thank you for your message. Upwork DestopApp is designed for tracking your time on hourly contracts, sending messages and Payment Protection. Check this help page for more information. You can install Desktop App on multiple devices in case you use multiple computers. Please note that time can be billed only on one computer at a time and you cannot log hours on multiple devices at the same time. Lastly, once you have accepted an offer on Upwork, you can use any external tools for work and communication. Please ensure all payments are accepted via Upwork only to avoid possible fraud and non-payments. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep, this answers all my questions so far. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths