🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » are payroll reimbursements scam ?
Page options
devbalo
Community Member

are payroll reimbursements scam ?

I got an offer like that 

"Hey , We have recently assigned a full-stack app development team based in Vietnam. I am seeking an individual who can handle payroll reimbursements on a weekly basis.

Your role would be to reimburse our app development team based in Vietnam via banking on a weekly basis of approximately $XXXX. To ensure timely payment, I will deposit $XXXXX on Upwork each month.

To accomplish these tasks, you will be allowed to work up to 20 hours per week for project management, payment record-keeping, and progress tracking. As a bonus, you will receive a $XXX commission for your work each week, in addition to the 20 hours you will work.

Duration and Commitment:
This project is based on a long-term engagement, specifically for a period of 2 years. You will be required to dedicate approximately 20-25 hours per week to fulfill their responsibilities effectively.

I believe this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, and enjoys working with a team. Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity."

As a result, is it a scam? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

This one is defiitely a scam.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths