🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ** home office
Page options
b3498b5e
Community Member

** home office

Good morning community, I'm informing you that on this platform they offer many translation proposals willing to pay a large amount of money ($1000, $2000 up to $3000) what happens with these projects most are all a sham because after you do a proposal most tell you to communicate via telegram or email, then they offer you the job, some in advance mostly ask for between $50 to $100 to be able to work and then you kill yourself doing the work outside this platform they ask you for more money to pay the EE UU tax, not paying the work you send, then you lose the work, two of these companies did this to me that I will post their name, and also who I offer the work:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
These two people post the works, which they send you to translate and then don't pay.
So I warn you to be careful and not fall into the hands of these people who promise and don't deliver.
If someone guides me to be able to recover the money from the work with a lawyer, to sue both I will be grateful. I live in Brazil. The platform doesn't have to accept this type of project, when emails or telegrams appear because it's to work outside of it. Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
sofia2008
Community Member

RE : most tell you to communicate via telegram or email,

Communicating outside of Upwork before being hired is a violation of Upwrok’s Terms of Service

RE : then they offer you the job, some in advance mostly ask for between $50 to $100 to be able to work

Paying amounts to clients or on their behalf outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwrok’s Terms of Service

RE : and then you kill yourself doing the work outside this platform they ask you for more money to pay the EE UU tax, not paying the work you send, then you lose the work,

Work has to be kept on Upwork’s platform

RE : two of these companies did this to me that I will post their name, and also who I offer the work:

These are most likely not the real companies. You are not allowed to post names here.

RE : The platform doesn't have to accept this type of project, when emails or telegrams appear because it's to work outside of it

It doesn’t, but it does not exempt freelancers to comply to existing rules.

Here are some ressources to improve knowledge on how to use Upwork.

Upwork Legal Center

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can't sue a person when you don't know their real name or address. Scammers don't use their real name or address. No lawyer can sue somebody they don't know.

This wasn't a real job. Nobody pays that kind of money for typing work. This is pretend work. They don't use it. The aim is to keep you busy with work that doesn't exist. It's not real. 

The only goal is to steal money from freelancers, not giving them real jobs. They don't have real jobs. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths