🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » not a single *edited* job accepted
Page options
6ea6c316
Community Member

not a single *edited* job accepted

It seems like this place is for flakes and people who have been on here for years!

How in the **edited for Community Guidelines** does someone succeed with 12 years website design expereince and online marketing yet none of these **Edited for community guidelines** respond to your proposals?

seems like a scam to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

In general, if someone wants help or advice, they don't call their fellow freelancers "flakes" and the clients "**Edited for Community Guidelines**". Or is that the kind of online marketing experience that's been successful for you in the past?

robin_hyman
Community Member

Sally P wrote:

It seems like this place is for flakes and people who have been on here for years!

How in the **bleep** does someone succeed with 12 years website design expereince and online marketing yet none of these **Edited for community guidelines** respond to your proposals?

The first step is to change the attitude.  You won't succeed with negativity.  I've been on the platform for over a year and have had success.  Prior I worked in digital marketing for a publisher for 11 years so I understand your frustration.  It just takes time.  Do a few quick jobs to get started and then look for the long-term partners.  Also, don't put all of your eggs in the Upwork basket.  Try other platforms, Facebook, Indeed, LinkedIn...

I wish you lots of luck. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Sounds like it's best to shut down your account and move to a platform that will suit you better. Best of luck. 

jr-translation
Community Member

Sally P wrote:

How in the **bleep** does someone succeed with 12 years website design expereince and online marketing yet none of these **Edited for community guidelines** respond to your proposals?

You are not verified yet but I guess you moved in with one of your clients since you are living in the US now.

Jennifer R wrote:

You are not verified yet but I guess you moved in with one of your clients since you are living in the US now.

Another NO REASON statistic.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths