🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » problem with my JOB success
Page options
97d35a39
Community Member

problem with my JOB success

Hello I'm new to Upwork and I'm having a little problem I already have 09 successful jobs and 02 that I abandoned and I have a job success of 27% I find this illogical
Could you help me with this please.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Hichem,

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS and we profile. Your JSS measures your clients’ satisfaction with your overall work history on Upwork’s platform. It reflects your clients’ satisfaction as shown by relationships, feedback, and job outcomes over time. A high JSS score can help you stand out in the Upwork marketplace, meaning you’re spending less time on finding clients and more time working with them. You might want to read this help article for more information about your JSS. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It's not illogical at all. 

You have VERY unfortunately worked with a client who opened a new contract for a VERY small amount and gave you bad feedback on each and every one of them. If you had done this in one contract, the impact would have been much less. So that's the risk of many contracts with the same client. 

If the client had ended the first contract promptly, you would not have accepted more contracts from him.

So that was a bad strategy overall. 

I don't know what you mean by abandoned contracts, but if that means that you told the client that you are not going to finish an ongoing contract, well obviously you will get bad private feedback, even if there is no money paid. 

So in short, you REALLY NEED to develop a better strategy and a BETTER CLIENT SELECTION APPROACH. 

97d35a39
Community Member

Thank's for your answers

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths