🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » scam
Page options
f9e36327
Community Member

scam

Hello I saw job advertisement And I apply After that I did my project and everything is be ok But they didn't give me my money Please help me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, you were scammed and will not be paid. Sorry this happned to you. Report the client to Upwork.

sofia2008
Community Member

This is a scam. You will unfortunately not be paid for your work as you were not hired on Upwork. If you sent money, it is lost as well.

The best way to stay safe is to comply to Upwork's Terms of Service.

Communicating outside of Upwork is not allowed before having a contract in place.

Sending money to a client or receiving money outside of Upwork is also a violation of the Terms of Service.

As a new freelancer, there is a lot you need to learn before jumping right in to sending proposals.

Communicating outside of Upwork is not allowed before having a contract in place and

sending money to a client or receiving money outside of Upwork are also a violation 

of Upwork’s Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up. Link below.

Upwork Legal Center

Please also read the following resources to get you up to speed on how to use Upwork, and learn what is allowed and not allowed. That will help keep you safe and in compliance with the rules.

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Upwork Legal Center

Get Started – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

NikolaS

Hi Mina,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for furter investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

You may want to check Sophie's great post to learn how to stay safe on Upwork and not to violate Upwork's Terms of Service. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths