🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » what is success key on upwork?
Page options
nehag0894
Community Member

what is success key on upwork?

Hello,

I am new to upwork. I want to know about success key on upwork. How can I get more work from client.

How can I get trafic on my profile in order to achieve more project. please help me out with your any of idea about this. It will be very helpful for me.

Regards

Neha

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
voskerchian
Community Member

Hey Neha,

1. First of all, I would advise making your profile more appealing. Rewrite your overview to make it grammatically perfect and more appealing. "I am looking for work as a virtual assistant so that I can use my spare time to earn some money." this is not the best thing to tell to your clients, it makes them feel you are doing this only for money. Don't just list your skills, instead make them feel your skills are of a great value and can help them greatly.

2. Find the right job. It is not like you created a profile and should wait for clients to come send you invitations, in fact, you should beware of this as there are many scammers out there.
Send proposals, with a greatly written cover letter, that makes the client feel that you are the right person to hire. Make reasonable bids, not to high, as you don't have experience here at Upwork, but no need to undervalue yourself.

3. Once you are awarded a job, make sure to do it perfectly. Don't look at your job here as an additional money, put in it as much effort and time as you would put in your office work.

4. Be patient. It is never easy in the beginning and you mustn't give up. You may have bad experiences with some clients, but it is not the same with everyone. Work hard and your efforts will be valued.

Happy freelancing!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dataextract
Community Member

Hard work is the only success key on Upwork.

voskerchian
Community Member

Hey Neha,

1. First of all, I would advise making your profile more appealing. Rewrite your overview to make it grammatically perfect and more appealing. "I am looking for work as a virtual assistant so that I can use my spare time to earn some money." this is not the best thing to tell to your clients, it makes them feel you are doing this only for money. Don't just list your skills, instead make them feel your skills are of a great value and can help them greatly.

2. Find the right job. It is not like you created a profile and should wait for clients to come send you invitations, in fact, you should beware of this as there are many scammers out there.
Send proposals, with a greatly written cover letter, that makes the client feel that you are the right person to hire. Make reasonable bids, not to high, as you don't have experience here at Upwork, but no need to undervalue yourself.

3. Once you are awarded a job, make sure to do it perfectly. Don't look at your job here as an additional money, put in it as much effort and time as you would put in your office work.

4. Be patient. It is never easy in the beginning and you mustn't give up. You may have bad experiences with some clients, but it is not the same with everyone. Work hard and your efforts will be valued.

Happy freelancing!

Smiley Happythank you hasmik, well said!

Welcome)))

1565f416
Community Member

Hard work and patience

468d2a49
Community Member

English

Focus

Dedication

Patience

Latest Articles
Featured Topics