🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » withdrawal issue
Page options
b_pustovar
Community Member

withdrawal issue

Hi, i'm using upwork for the first time, I'd like to know if its possible to widthraw money from upwork somehow if i'm from ukraine. If yes which service should i use? 

Thanks) 

9 REPLIES 9
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

I can advise you to use Payoneer or Payoneer ACH receiving account (comes with 0.1% landing fee).

The latter would only make sense for withdrawals below $300.

Then use another service like WorldRemit to withdraw to your local bank account.

Don't use Upwork direct to local. Their exchange rate is rip-off.

For payoneer or WorldRemit i have to create the account on this services first, then transfer money from upwork to one of those accounts and after that use one or another to transfer them to my country?

- Create a payoneer account. Use this link!  

- Come back to Upwork and add Payoneer as a withdrawal method.

- Request for a Mastercard debit card from Payoneer. It's free to request! However, it's possible you might not see the link to request for a Payoneer card until you've at least received some money into your Payoneer account.

- withdraw from Upwork to Payoneer.

- Sign up to WorldRemit and transfer from your Payoneer Mastercard to your local bank.

Thanks) 

You're welcome.

I just found out that WorldRemit only offers cash pickup for Ukraine, which is very incovenient.

You may try Transferwise (they deactivated my account for no reason, so I normally don't use or recommend them). But just check them out and see if they send to Ukrainian bank.

There are lots of similar services like Remitly, etc.

Try and see which works, and which gives the best rates.

Bohdan P wrote:

For payoneer or WorldRemit i have to create the account on this services first, then transfer money from upwork to one of those accounts and after that use one or another to transfer them to my country?

I would strongly suggest you wait for responses from Freelancers in the Ukraine who will understand your question and share their experience with your local context in mind.

I would also suggest you edit your post and put "Ukraine" in the subject line so freelancers from the Ukraine see it and know they might be able to help.

Hello. 

Please how do you withdraw from Payoneer using Worldremit?

Jerry I wrote:

Hello. 

Please how do you withdraw from Payoneer using Worldremit?

Normally, you simply use your Payoneer card to pay for your money transfer on Worldremit to your country.

But, I believe in recommending solutions likely to be relevant and useful to the individual concerned.

On the face of it, you may not qualify for a Payoneer card as there is a minimum earnings threshold you must meet to be eligible to request for one.

So you are left with 2 options

- Use Payoneer to home (still bad rates, but somewhat better than Upwork's)

- Buy crypto (preferably a stablecoin) on a P2P exchange like Binance's, and sell it on the same exchange for your local currency. A few merchants on the said exchange accept Payoneer to Payoneer transfer as a payment method. They are hard to find, but they're there - just put in the work 😉 Since not many merchants accept this payment method, you may find their rates are somewhat high. Last I checked, the cheapest merchant in this category was offering like 4% entropy. But surprise, this is still waaaaaaay cheaper than Upwork or Payoneer.

Unfortunately, for obvious reasons I can't recommend a specific trader for you to consummate with.

Just put in the work mate.

Till you qualify for a Payoneer card,

~ A. A.

Thanks so much for your response. It's very helpful

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths