🐈
» Forums » Support » A scammer manipulated me to pay outside of Up...
Page options
ad410173
Community Member

A scammer manipulated me to pay outside of Upwork but I didnt fulfil her request

I hired someone, had meetings and then she sent me a stripe payment link. Upon investigating I came to know that she was trying to scam me by getting me pay her outside of upwork. When I asked her to send me work and I will approve payment she denied and send an approval   request in which there was no work. Now my money is stuck and I want a refund, as I thought I am hiring her through upwork but she doesnt want to work through upwork. HElp me.

2 REPLIES 2
rekasesh
Community Member

-

PradeepH

Hi Zarb,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. I have looked into the job you mentioned and I see that you have already reported the conversation with this freelancer. You can choose to cancel the contract and ask for a refund of escrow funds if the freelancer fails to deliver work. The freelancer can either agree to the refund request or start a dispute. Our mediation team will help you with the dispute process if the freelancer decides to do that. Check out this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths