๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป My friends upwork account suspended.
Page options
Work S Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
Era K Community Member

His IDs are now verified. Thank you so much for your help

Sky P Community Member

I am confused as to why my account has been suspended. Upwork emailed me that they noticed some irregular activity. I'm not sure what activity is irregular. 

I was doing some research on this issue. It seems like this can be a common issue for Upwork users. They wanted me to verify my identity so they can get me up and running again on Upwork. But I saw that many of the freelancers have complained that after Upwork receive pertinent information (ID and financial statements) Upwork still permanently suspend the account. Is it true? 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Sky,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Please note that this Verification Process is working as designed because periodic checks ensure that freelancers' accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as we can and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

That is incorrect! We're not suspending freelancer's accounts for no reason. We may suspend accounts that violate our Terms of Service. You can read about our most important policies to learn which account activities and behaviors are off-limits.

I can see that the team has reached out with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue via email. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through this page or your email and they will surely assist you accordingly. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sha E Community Member

Hello!
My client requested a milestone refund and upwork put my account in financial acount suspension.
I have submitted a ticket but still no reply after almost 24 hours. also I didn't recieve any email. 
Please guide me . 
Thanks & Regards
Shahabz Elahi.

Hi Shahbaz,

I'm sorry to learn that you got caught off guard about the status of your account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mohammad U Community Member

Hi ,the upwork  team doesnt reply to my ticket after first mail,ticket no:-39816490,https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/39816490

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mohammad,

I've followed up with the relevant team and can confirm they've just responded to your ticket. Kindly follow up with them through your ticket for more information.

~ Luiggi
Shahzad A Community Member

Ticket no 39401842

Dear Upwork Support Center,

I am writing to you on behalf of my friend (faseeh shahzad ), whose account has been suspended permanently. he has already opened a ticket to resolve the issue, but unfortunately, he has not received any response from your team yet.

As her friend, I would like to request your kind assistance in resolving this matter as soon as possible. My friend has been a loyal user of Upwork for a long time, and she is very upset about the suspension of her account. he has always followed the rules and regulations of the platform and has never been involved in any fraudulent activities.

Therefore, I would kindly request you to review her case and reinstate her account as soon as possible. If there was any mistake or violation of the platform's policies, I am sure my friend would be more than willing to rectify it and ensure that it does not happen again in the future.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Shahzad,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations. Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Athena W Community Member

Greetings,

I have been an Upwork user for a year now, working as a freelancer with various HR teams to recruit other freelancers on a contract-to-hire basis. As I work with multiple companies, I require different Upwork accounts to accommodate my seniors who monitor my accounts. It's not feasible for me to use just one account for all my tasks.

However, my account was suspended by Upwork 13 days ago without prior notice, and I don't recall breaking any rules. I have submitted an appeal but have yet to receive a resolution, and this has caused a lot of stress as it's impacting my work.

I would like to request the Upwork team to resolve my issue as soon as possible, and if I have made any mistakes, please let me know so I can address them and ensure that I am not violating any rules or guidelines.

The email of the suspended Upwork account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I look forward to hearing back from you and having this matter resolved promptly.

Best regards,

Hi Athena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand how you want this issue with your main account resolved immediately. I've shared your concern and account information with the appropriate team for further review. One of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket here. You can also expect an update from the team through the email address associated with the account you need assistance with.

Feel free to coordinate with the team and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Suneel K Community Member

i have recently wrote a appeal letter to upwork for my upwork account suspension. I have waited as for 48 hours no response i have got from upwork support forum. Just received 2 to 3 emails which are not helping anykind. I need quick response daily facing new issues with upwork account. Please have a look on my account and make it correct.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Suneel,

Iโ€™m sorry but I wonโ€™t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please donโ€™t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Akia S Community Member

I am not able to apply for any jobs. The "apply now" button is grey despite me having 47 connects. Please see the photo attached. Thank you

Hi Akia,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble submitting proposals. I've escalated your concern directly to our Support Team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your tickets and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Anton R Community Member

Good afternoon? the "Apply Now" button is still not working, when will you unlock it? No feedback

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Anton,

It seems our team reached out to you via this support ticket and are awaiting your response. Please reply directly to them so they can assist you. If you're unable to reply via the help center, please use the email notification sent to you on that date.

~Andrea
Nazar F Community Member

My account suspended Please unsuspended

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Nazar,

I can see that our team just updated your support ticket regarding your suspension. Please reply to them directly here so they can continue to assist you.

~Andrea
Nazar F Community Member

Thanks 

Nazar F Community Member

Hello upwork please check my account

Nazar F Community Member

First support ticket  your upwork account  solved  but now open

Hi Nazar,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team through several support tickets about your concern. As much as we want to assist you here in the Community but user's account information or actions being taken on a user's account cannot be disclosed publicly. As Andrea mentioned, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket on this page so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Yevhenii T Community Member

Hey, Upwork team

Last 5 days my account is suspended and upwork team didn't respond to me about my account status.
I sent my documents and one of them (bank statement) was not applied, I got a mail and resend the documents.
Could you please provide me an update with my account or could you please help me to get back my account?
I'm a little worried beacuse I did a good career on Upwork and now I am suspended..hope you understand

Thanks

Hi  Yevhenii,

We certainly understand your concern and how you want this issue resolved as soon as possible. Since you've been in contact with the appropriate team about your concern via a support ticket, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. You can always check and update your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths