🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
29df2522
Community Member

Account Suspended

I have completed 10 time identity card, Tax Card, resident card, and when started my upwork account that time also confirm my identity and upwork client account in also confirm my credit card and ATM card.

My freelancer massage me I am fraud but I am not but I can't reply because my account is restricted all call me fraud my reputation became damage please fast solution now 

I have attached

Passport 

Tax payers card

Government I'd card 

Election Card

I'm from India please help me send your number and call me and video chat and verify me my all project are stopped 

Please immediately activate 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Jigar,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

205 REPLIES 205

Hi Fion,

I see that the billing method in question has been removed. The team has taken action and lifted the hold on your account. Your account is now active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9c621d65
Community Member

When I try to post a job it says "We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

when I try to open a appeal, it gets changed to solved instantly

there is lots of spam job posting everyday maybe system taking it as a spam. I recommed you  verify your profile and also provide correct information. Try using verified payment for jobs. Hope this will help you. Thanks

Hi Inian,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dd951348
Community Member

Hi👋,

I started my freelancing journey with upwork, I am facing little problem with my account billing and payment method, i added new bank accont details which is added sucessfully and received notification that your billing method is updated but the errors are not removed yet, i contacted with upwork chat support, responded to wait 24 hours for system updates, guide me any expert.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Saqib,

I am sorry to hear about the limitation placed on your account. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d73ccca9
Community Member

Hi, I'm really concerned since more than 72 hours has passed and I haven't received any updates regarding my financial account which is suspended. I need to withdraw my money urgently. I have already completed the directions and responded the questionnaire shared. The ticket number is 47120112.

Please help me since I will also be needing to be able to withdraw on Monday, a bonus my client sent. I understand that you may have too many other tickets but please I cannot let more days passes!

Hi Paulina,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I notified the team handling your case, and one of our agents shared an update with you via your support ticket

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35b26bcd
Community Member

Today I received this: Our Trust & Safety team recently reviewed your account and found that you discussed arranging payments outside of Upwork, which is against Upwork’s Terms of Service. However I am 100% sure I did not violate any rules and also reported the message or job which the client wanted to pay outside Upwork. The result was restriction of my account.

Hi Farzad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry for any confusion this may have caused you. The team has contacted you via a support ticket with more information about what happened. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b162a1d9
Community Member

Hi there,

I provided all the information that was asked on the ticket and its been more than 7 days and no response.

Can someone please update on the issue?

Hi Jawad,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team to look at your ticket. We'll have one of the team members contact you on the same ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b162a1d9
Community Member

Hi there,

There is still no update after the last reply from your team, they are waiting to hear from the client, the client is an external client that joined upwork via the direct contract, he doesnt seem interested in providing the information that you guys are asking. Plus he is also not very tech savvy.

I have contacted the client multiple times to ask him to reply to your email about verifying the identity and reply to the email but he is not very responsive.

For an external client like that who was only asked to use your service via the direct contract, I dont see any reason for restricting my account as I have provided all the information that was requested of me?

Please escalate this case as I have further screenshots of me trying to contact the client even trying to guide him to reply to your email but he doesnt seem very interested.

Hello Jawad,

I understand how important it is to resolve this concern. Please know that I have submitted a follow-up request to the team assigned to your ticket. I can assure you that they will contact you on the same ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b72d6e09
Community Member

Hello community
We recently registered on Upwork and commissioned two projects.
After about 3 weeks, our account was suddenly blocked without any notice.
We then created a ticket 9 days ago and to date we have not received a response.
Who can you contact to clarify the problem? Is there a contact person in the forum?
I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks
Sergej

Hi Sergej,

We've shared your account concerns directly with the review team and submitted a follow-up to give them the attention they deserve. Once your case is thoroughly reviewed, please expect one of the team members to update your ticket here

~ Arjay
Upwork
2278d551
Community Member

I received a notification about my Upwork account being suspended, but I am unclear about the reasons behind it. Could you please provide me with more details regarding the specific violations or issues that led to this suspension?

I respectfully request the reinstatement of my Upwork account. I am committed to adhering to Upwork's Terms of Service and ensuring compliance with all platform guidelines. Please consider my appeal and restore access to my account at the earliest convenience.

Hi MT,

I'm sorry to learn about your account's status. I see a couple of support tickets that were raised about your account concerns. You've been coordinating with the team, and we highly recommend you continue doing that through an active ticket on this page so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b59d8d6d
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I need urgent assistance with my account. Last night, everything was working fine—I logged in, browsed jobs, and checked my proposals. However, this morning, I couldn't log in. I received an "incorrect email or password" message even though I didn't change anything.

When I tried to reset my password, I didn't receive the reset code email. I haven't received any communication from Upwork about my account status, temporary restrictions, or potential unauthorized access.

Logging in with Google using the same email address created a new account, so it appears my original account is unavailable.

I currently have Five active jobs on my Upwork account and need this issue resolved as soon as possible.

My account URL: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/safanah2 My account is currently On Upwork but I don't have access to it. It seems like someone has stolen my credentials.

I can provide any necessary verification to recover my account, including emails related to payments, contracts, and other activities from upwork within the same email I provided above which was initially connected to my upwork account. I attached the ScreenShout from my Active client contract on Upwork regarding my account status. Also, I attached my CNIC. Please let me know If you need anything else from me to recover my account. I look forward to your support as soon as Possible. Thanks

Best regards,
Safana Hussain.

Hi Safana,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble accessing your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern from your main account and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

It has been 3 days since I opened my case, and I haven't received any response yet. I have active jobs and need to respond to my clients. If this isn't resolved soon, it will negatively affect my account. Please expedite this process. If any documents are required, please let me know, and I am ready to provide them. I am even willing to do a video call if needed. This is urgent, so please respond quickly. ticket  #47176282

this account is not my main account this was created mistakenly while trying to open old one the email is same i want to remove this account and restore my old one this is my old account https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/safanah2  

i want this accout to recover kindly help me

Hello Safana,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

hello pradeep scince 7 days ago my issues is not yet solve  #47176282 not yet i able to open my account even i provide pictures that support ask me to provide and also answer the question that they ask but not yet i received any response i am frustrating that how i update my clients please help me to get back account fast please

084752a0
Community Member

Hi, my account was suspended by upwork, and now it is back. However all my proposals are withdrawn, how I can put proposal back to active?

Hi Novak,

I'm sorry to hear about the action taken on your account and the withdrawn proposals. I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and your account has been restored. However, I regret to inform you that the withdrawn proposals cannot be restored. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0d8e5931
Community Member

Hey, my company has been suspended too for some reason, please help me.

Only Upwork can help you. Go to the three dots by the date and time stamp on your post, click on the three dots, and a menu will open. Go to the bottom of the menu, and you will see "notify moderator" and explain why you need help.

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for reaching out. I see that the team contacted you via this support ticket with more information about your account status. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have any questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
835acc55
Community Member

Hello, my account has been restricted and I don't know why. The problem is that I'm blocked and I can't apply for jobs or buy connect. So I'd like to know what I can do to solve this problem.

Hi Prince Brunel,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ba58fe17
Community Member

1. Hello i sent a contract to a freeleencer and upwork told him that my account is on hold so he can't accept my offer

Hi Ali,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ce86525
Community Member

Hello there !

I am very frustrated by the negligence and lack of communication and solving the problem and I am unable to communicate with anyone from customer service and nobody responds.

Hi Ahmed,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ce86525
Community Member

Hello JoanneP , 

this issue since 2 month ago  and i had a delay of processes , and i have a lot of contacts in upwork i need to get it please i need quick help 

Thank you 

regards , 

Ahmed 

2d9a3573
Community Member

Hello Everyone, I got a notification of my account and financial services temporary suspended for violation. I have followed up the email but still no response. No details of the violation was mentioned in the email which I find confusing because I have only used upwork direct contract since joining the upwork service. I have brought in over 70 new clients to upwork through the direct contract. Thats the only service I am using on upwork. So, I really don't know if that is a violation. I'm also an upwork freelance plus user. Currently, my get paid option is grey and nobody seems to be responding to my email. I still have access to my active project. Please help!!!!!!!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has reached out to you there to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
2d9a3573
Community Member

Hello AndreaG, thanks for the response. I got a message from colby, one of the upwork support, informing me of the temporal suspension on my account. I responded to that message 11 days ago. still no response from the support teams. I have funds that I have worked for and are ready to be withdrawn but my get paid option is grey and not clickable. My question is, will I be allowed to withdraw my pending earnings?

b59d8d6d
Community Member

hello since 8 days ago still my issue is not solve even the Upwork support takes 3 days for single response but it show's within 24 hours you received a response from support.

it's 3 days ago after last activity on ticket ID #47176282 but still i haven't received any response all the requairenments that upwork ask to provide i have successfull sent all of them but still they are not releasing my account from their hold.

I already told you that i have active jobs on my account need to update my clients please i am requesting you solve this issue as fast as possible or if you need furthur verification i am ready to conduct a vedio call with you to verify that i am right owner of this account  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/safanah2   

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths