🐈
» Forums » Support » Almost 3 weeks Money has been Refunded by Upw...
Page options
surma_b
Community Member

Almost 3 weeks Money has been Refunded by Upwork to the Client

Hi, I have an Upwork contract and clients payment method has been verified. She has good standing on Upwork. I have run Upwork Desktop App when I worked. I have  prove of work then why Upwork automatically has refunded my money to my client account. Almost 3 weeks money has been refunded. Need help, please

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Mst Surma,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your contract. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that one of our team members is already assisting you regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

I do have a question for you, 

Does this mean that upwork hourly payment protection is just a scam? i very recently had simmilar experience and based on it, us freelancers are just told your contract isn't eligable for payment protection, you take our money and we are forced to move on. 

What are freelancers paying all those fee's for if not protection from this sort of thing?

Hi Goran,

I am sorry to hear about your past experience and how you feel about Upwork Payment Protection. I can certainly understand your concerns and want you to know that in situations where the client contacts their bank and asks them to reverse the payment, Upwork offers to challenge the chargeback in an attempt to help the freelancer get the money back. Upwork would need to move quickly, so freelancers need to provide the requested evidence of the work or deliverables within 48 hours of being notified of the reversal if you’d like us to proceed.

Upwork Payment Protection doesn’t apply in these cases unless the contract in question is hourly and the requirements listed here are met. Upwork team would also review the client’s Upwork account because reversing a payment in most cases is against our Terms of Service.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Please read my post in this section for clarification! This is my support request ID. 40974752 

I provided all the evidence, but then your collegues suspected me of violating terms and services and wouldn't have told me how until days later, i was accused of selling my client crypto and were getting paid via upwork for them, which makes no sense to me, i am not in blockchain since yesterday. Afterwards support agent told me to go off platform and request money directly from client if i want to get paid.

Then afterwards when proven by my blockchain account management account that i made no transactions in past 30 days almost (since 25th May) and that was converting crypto to local currency i had no transactions at all. They understood and  asked me how i got the rate i was charging a client, and to show conversation we had regarding my rate. i just used my standard rate never discussed it, i applied  for a job at 60$ an hour and i got the job. it's same rate that's been on my profile for a while. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support-Forum/Why-are-freelancers-in-the-Blockchain-industry-being-s... This is my full post please read it for clarification on the issue.

It was upwork that issued the charge-back to a fraudlent client of it's own voalition on day 1 because they suspected i collaborated with a fraudlent client. (I was the one which reported the client in first place and that caused me to almost lose my account, and to lose a lot of money, my suspicion is that very client in question could possibly be somehow connected with your internal team because i was just notified of a charge back and weren't even given a chance to dispute it) 

Just to note, Contract was hourly, i was wrongfully accused and convicted without a trial or any investigation with explanation first ''Suspected of violation of ToS'' However that was cleared, afterward i was told '' Selling BTC via upwork is not service covered by hourly payment protection'' By that time it was already way past 2 days since you guys are slow to answer, and now that i proven that wrong as well. 

And that i didn't break upwork ToS, with a legal proof of asset ownership and a refference company to verify. 

What now it's been 5 days since reversal and who is gonna take responsibility for this literal theft of funds from my account? 

Hi Goran,

I understand your concern and I have already responded to your post in the Support forum. Please avoid creating multiple threads for the same query. Feel free to respond to the main post in the Support forum if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths