🐈
» Forums » Support » Am I able to login my account from different ...
Page options
cafc6ce9
Community Member

Am I able to login my account from different country?

Hello Everyone,

I am new on Upwork, I have created my profile but I am not sure If I will be able to use my account while traveling with the same device. 

Because my location will be changed but I will be using the same device. it is allowed or they will block my account?

Right now I am in the South Asia region and later I will be moving to the middle east.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

As Pradeep mentioned in his post, if you are going to be away for an extended period then you should update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly to share the next steps with you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PradeepH

Hello there,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you can access your account from other countries as well. If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you, Pradeep for your quick response.

In December I will be traveling to the middle east and I will be staying for more than 6 months what would happen in that case?

If I will change my location and number on my profile will Upwork block my account? I will provide all the required documents for verification. 

Thank you again.
BrandBugs

Hi there,

As Pradeep mentioned in his post, if you are going to be away for an extended period then you should update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly to share the next steps with you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cafc6ce9
Community Member

Thank you so much LuiggiR. 

yousuf-jamal
Community Member

I am from Pakistan and live in a small city. I am using Upwork via hotspot from my mobile phone for a year. I cannot sign in to Upwork for yesterday, from my mobile or computer. https://community.upwork.com/ , other apps, and the internet are working well. The error is " 400 Bad Request. Request header or cookie too large. nginx "
Anyone can help me out? I have some ongoing projects. 

Hi Yousuf,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi, Thanks for your attention. :tulip:
After a day and a half, the problem was solved without any effort. Maybe Upwork wanted to give me a break for a while. 😊 

Hi Yousuf,

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths