🐈
» Forums » Support » Availability Badge
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

View solution in original post

244 REPLIES 244
8294d45a
Community Member

Is it necessary to put the availability badge on if I am new and have no work history on Upwork? 

I do have pre-set projects approved by the Upwork community on my profile. Is an availability badge helpful in that case? I don't want to waste connects if there is no value added. 

There is no value in the availability badge. It's a waste of connects

3776c479
Community Member

I am not able to turn on the availability badge, what wrong here, I have connects as well

3776c479_0-1718262308000.png

Instead of 7 connects, you have to choose 14 connects or above. Availability batch for a week is 14 connects not 7. 

Hello Parth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. Based on the screenshot you shared, it seems that the Availability Badge isn't turning on because the current price to activate it is 14 Connects. To resolve this, you may want to try and input 14 in the number field, just like what Obed suggested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

You can find more information about Availability Badge in this help article.

~Ivy
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths