🐈
» Forums » Support » Based in Thailand but........
Page options
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Based in Thailand but........

Is it possible for me to have my UK bank account added to my UpWork profile so that I can send some money to the UK and send some money to Thailand?

Pete

8 REPLIES 8
PradeepH

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your message. If the UK bank account is under your name then you can add that to your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

No I can't, The option is add to local bank.

When I try to use that it gets rejected because the swift code is not a Thailand bank.

No other options exist unless it is for a US bank, and clearly I don't want that.

Without using PayPal or Payoneer, Can I add a bank account in my name but from a different country?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that when adding a Direct to Local bank account, all the information about the name, location and address on file needs to match the information on the Upwork account it's being added to.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

So, the answer is no.

You cannot add a different country to your bank system because it is not within the Upwork profile unless you are from the USA?

Then my question is, why are other nationalities treated differently?

If a US citizen can have a local bank and a US bank, why can't I?

Hi Pete,

To clarify what Pradeep and Nikola have said, you can add a bank account based in Thailand as long as the information we have on file matches that of the bank such as the name, location, and address. Otherwise, you would have to use other options to withdraw your funds. You may check this article for more information on what other payment methods you can use.

~ AJ
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Why do you people have the inability to say .....No, you can't do that.

Secondly and again I ask, Why as a US citizen you can add to a local bank (If in Thailand for example) and you can add a US bank? And of course if all of the details match with name etc and blah blah blah.

Now please answer the question, it isn't going away. Why are you discriminating against non-US ctizens by not allowing us more than one option to send direct to our banks like you do US citzens?

If we think positively maybe it's just technical issues, where it's easier or safer for them to set up or maintain the route between their account and a US bank.

As for why a mod said it's possible but then it becomes tricky, it could be because it's a new rule to try to address some specific problem. Because withdrawal to Japanese bank might worked before.

Just sharing my thoughts which the mods won't say if it's true.  ✌️

Hi Pete,

Arjay here stepping in on behalf of Annie Jane. Yes! You can add Direct to Local bank account as a payment method on your account, as long as all the information about the name, location, and address on file needs to match the information on the Upwork account it's being added to. I highly suggest you check this article for more information on what other payment methods you can use.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths