🐈
» Forums » Support » Been scammed by freelancer
Page options
7f7fb0fa
Community Member

Been scammed by freelancer

I gave work to a freelancer and he wanted payment before doing so, then he told me to request a refund as he had technical difficulties on his profile, and to message him hia other profile and that he would send me a refund from his initial profile, in krder for me to send another payment. He then went on to say that he has technical difficulties with the second profile, and to send another payment which at this point I had a feeling something was not right. He didn't submkt work, nor did the "accepted refund" come in as he was saying would take a few days. Days later, I never received the work he promised to deliver within the same business day. I now contact him for a follow-up, and he doesn't answer. I want a full refund from both of his accounts as he didn't deliver anywhere near the promised deadline. Can someone please give me the link to contact human support and not a robot ? 

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Vasilios,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with these freelancers. I will share your report with our team to investigate your report and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
imranjan46
Community Member

Hi Vasilios,

I'm so sorry to hear you were scammed by a freelancer. Upwork takes these situations very seriously, and Pradeep has already highlighted they'll be investigating your report.

Here are some additional tips to help protect yourself in the future:

• Never pay upfront: Upwork's payment protection system is designed to ensure freelancers get paid after completing work. Only release funds when you're satisfied with the delivered work.
  • Report suspicious activity: If a freelancer requests payment outside Upwork or their behavior seems off, report them immediately to Upwork support.

I hope this helps, and good luck getting your money back!

Best,

Imran

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths