🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change location
Page options
Tilde S Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Md. Shaiful, 

Please know that for tax purposes, you must use your real, permanent address. You can find more information in this help article. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location. To update your location once you move, simply go to Settings > Contact Info and update the Location section of the page.

~ Nikola
Brenden G Community Member

Please change my location from United States to Vietnam.  When I change it in one place it does not change in the other.  I live in both countries equally but my phone number is Vietnamese and I can't change the country code from +1 for verification.  Why is it so difficult to make changes? Not a good way to start.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Brenden,

Your country has been updated to Vietnam as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Arbab K Community Member

Dear Madam

I attached Screenshot, for more details, which i m facing right now.

MONIQUE D Community Member

Hi Valeria,

Could you please assist me with two problems that im having?

• My account is locked to US but im located in Jamaica, I have tried to change it but was told to contact support. Please help me with this.
  • I was a member of an agency and I removed my account from the agency but for some reason Upwork is still showing me as a member of the agency I left.  I ended all contracts and closed all proposals.  Can you please help me to fix this?
Valeria K Community Member

Hi Monique,

Your country has been changed and the agency isn't showing on your profile anymore. Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
MONIQUE D Community Member

Thank you Valeria.

Dalia A Community Member

I've logged in to change my location and it won't let me; instead displaying a red circle. Also, when I start typing my current address in, it tells me no  results were found! I am not in the United States; I am in Egypt. Please advise.

Hi Dalia,

We've updated your country. You should now be able to go to your Settings> Location and update your address.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Jamey W Community Member

Hi Valeria,

• My account is currently locked to US but Am In Nigeria, I have tried to change it but was told to contact support. Please Help me out.
Upwork user Community Member

I don't have a location option under setting, contact information I can only change my password 

Arleta
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Arleta,

Please follow instruction Ryan have shared with you and please take a look at the picture below. Thank you!Screenshot from June 26, 2018 6_52 PM.png

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sathish K Community Member

My in my profile location is automatically gets filled as USA and im not able to edit or write in it.Please do help .Thanks

Hi Sathish,

It looks like you already had your account location updated. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Moamen M Community Member

As the title says, I'm unable to change my country from United States to Egypt. I'm still currently creating my profile and the only page available is that page and it won't allow me to change my address, is there anything I can do about this?

Hi Moamen,

We've updated your account location. Please, feel free to update the rest of your address. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Omer K Community Member

i have the same problem and i can't change the Location from US to Germany, can you please help me ?

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Omer,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Germany. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Amanpreet K Community Member

I want to change my location from America to India along with the contact number. How can I do this?

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Amanpreet, 

The team will follow up with you through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Amanpreet K Community Member

Ok thank you
Denisse D Community Member

Hi, 

I can't change my location. Currently I'm in London UK. Please advice. 

Thanks,

Denisse

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Denisse,

I just updated your country to UK, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Ismail E Community Member

Hi, 

I just create my profile, and choose USA by wrong, so I can't verfy with phonw numbe, I need to correct it to Egypt please

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ismail,

We've updated your country to Egypt. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths