🐈
» Forums » Support » Change my location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
emanhamed93
Community Member

I am currently filling my application for upwork while being in Egypt and can't change my country to Luxembourg. Please help. Thank you

Hi Eman,

Your country was updated to Luxembourg as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mounirelogbani
Community Member

Hello all,

I can't change my country to Turkey, it's locked

Hi Mounir,

Your country has been updated to Turkey as requested. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
782109a3
Community Member

I began building my profile by choosing Japan (with Japanese marketing in mind) but I live in the US. Can someone help me edit my address/country, please?

Hi Jun,

I checked and it seems that you already updated your country. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you help me change country from US to India. I wanted US clients so choosed US but I live In India.

Can you help me change country from US to India? I wanted US clients so I selected US but I live In India.

Hi Priyansu,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The country is changed but I the Indian city is not showing.

Hi Priyansu,

Please clear your cache and cookies and then add your street address first. When you`re typing your address you will see a drop down menu and will need to choose one of the suggestions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Yes I was able to find a phone number for
customer care and they changed the country for me. Thanks for your time 🙂
c2f5ec6c
Community Member

I cannot change the country from US to Philippines. Can't proceed completing my profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathrina,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to the Philippines?

~ Bojan
Upwork
fahed_
Community Member

Hi, I'm creating my profile and I'm unable to change the country. It is set currently to UK but I live in Palestine. I tried using the settings but the website redirects me to the create profile page.

Thank you for the help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fahed,

Your country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Olaniyi

Hi Olaniyi,

I checked, and it looks like you have already changed your country successfully. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
misssahara
Community Member

Please help me change my location from UK to Kenya. I'm having a hard time. I used to live in UK but I reside in Kenya now. Please help.

Hi Sahara,

Your country has been updated to Kenya. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a8d2c582
Community Member

Hi! I need to change my country to the Philippines. When I signed up, it was automatically set to Hong Kong. Thanks!

a8d2c582
Community Member

Hi Joan! Hope you can also change my country to PHILIPPINES. Thanks!

Hi Katerine,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
caesartcw
Community Member

please help

Hi Qaysar,

Could you please confirm which country you are currently located? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths