🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't proceed with creating a Consultation. T...
Page options
6fba75bb
Community Member

Can't proceed with creating a Consultation. The setup requires you to select a non-custom expertise

When trying to create a consultation, there are not adequate expertise types for software or embedded/IoT developers. When trying to specify custom topics, the tool prevents you from proceeding until you select one of the default areas of expertise. Since these are all highly unrelated to the services I offer, I'd rather not do that. This feels like a workflow bug. 

4 REPLIES 4
the3dguru
Community Member

I have this exact same problem. I can't create a consultation because the available fields are far too general and would create the impression that I'm offering to consult in something that I'm not expert at.

I have the same issue with the Project Catalog. The work I do just doesn't have one purchase price.

JoanneP

Hi Josef,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with creating a consultation. Could you please share a screenshot of the problem you're referring to so I can check with our team? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6fba75bb
Community Member

I offer Product development/engineering consultation services, but currently all of the Areas of expertise are focused on front-end developers or designers. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I try to add custom areas of expertise and save. It forces me to select something that I do not provide to proceed. 

Hi Josef,

Thanks for following up here. I understand how important it is to select the appropriate areas of expertise. If you aren't able to proceed because it is a required step, could you please choose the one that most resembles your expertise? You'll be able to personalize your consultation further with custom tags and the title and description of your consultation. If you need further help, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths