🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot change my name (Greyed out)
Page options
d22c5621
Community Member

Cannot change my name (Greyed out)

Hi, can someone help me? I cannot change my upwork name (which is my nickname). It's greyed out and not able to edit. Now, my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method (which is my real full name) does not match the name on my Upwork account. By the way, I'm using my google account to login and I think that's the reason my name is from google and not my real full name but only nickname.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d22c5621
Community Member

I managed to edit my name now. It's under review now.
I found the problem why I can't edit my name under settings. I'm using google to login this account. I thought everything is fine after that. Problem is, I still need to create a profile. So that's what I did. I created a profile and saw that I am able to edit my name already.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hey there, 

It looks like you're currently communicating with one of our agents on chat. Feel free to mention to them if you have any questions. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, I mentioned it and she sent me a link for submitting a request. However, there's nothing in there.534543.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

On this page, there should be a pop-up window to the right of the page. Make sure that you allow pop-ups on your browser so that you can file a support ticket. 

It looks like you were also able to file a request to change your account name. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review your account details. If the team needs more information from you, they will reach out through an email support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d22c5621
Community Member

I managed to edit my name now. It's under review now.
I found the problem why I can't edit my name under settings. I'm using google to login this account. I thought everything is fine after that. Problem is, I still need to create a profile. So that's what I did. I created a profile and saw that I am able to edit my name already.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths