🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot close my open contracts
Page options
lea-t
Community Member

Cannot close my open contracts

Hi there,

The error message: window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function' always pops up when I press the end contract button to close my open contracts. That's the message that shows up and the contract doesn't end. Can someone help me fix this so I can go through with closing my contracts.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

I would like to let you know that this issue has been resolved and we'll be closing this thread from further replies. 

We appreciate your reports and patience while this was being addressed. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
dmodesto
Community Member

I get the same error as well. Tried different browsers, incognito, and restarting but nothing worked.

Hi all.

I completed the project yesterday and Upwork asked me to leave the feedback. 

Once I click on 'Submit Feedback' button, I got the pop-up error message:

window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function

The same thing on web and mobile app. 

Could you please let me know what's wrong?

Thank you!

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I worked with a lovely freelancer and I'm willing to give her a review suited for job well-done but I keep on getting this error about some backend issue. How can I get to give my freelancer a review please?

The error I'm recieving is "window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function"

Hi Olorunishola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rubirk
Community Member

I did a job with a russian client. Now  I (freelancer) and client want to end the contract. I really want to start by the client. Client is unable to end the contract. Problem is shown in picture. Thos is hourly job.  No payment is pending now. How can my client solve this problem. What I can suggest him.

Contract ID 28979163

IMG_20220321_174119_234.jpg

NikolaS

Hi Lea and Doldenn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
04c1366d
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have the same problem as well. Please inform me if anything can be done. i am trying to end the contract for the last 48hrs now..

Thanks

Hi Andrej,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fd74bffd
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

same issue here, "window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function"

can't close 2 contracts open.

Hi Matt,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6564fc21
Community Member

I'm getting the same error when I try to end a contract: window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function

Hi Marc,

I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
49f1eba9
Community Member

I'm having the same issue

how can I solve it?

Hi Salvador,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
chloefarrant
Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue. Is there any advice that can be shared here without having to go through support tickets? If not, I'd appreciate any help. 

luna_mes
Community Member

I'm getting the same error, I can't close the contract and leave feedback

Hi Luna,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
81705c20
Community Member

I am getting the same thing when i try to leave a feedback

Hi Imoisi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tresseiscreative
Community Member

Same issue. Can't provide feedback after Ending Contract.

Firefox 98.0.1 on Windows 11.

Hi Israel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble providing feedback. I've forwarded your concern and a Customer Support team member will be reaching out to you via this support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7ab2c2d0
Community Member

I am also getting the same error when trying to give feedback on a closed contract: "window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function". Could I get some assistance with this?  

bingo1007
Community Member

Same here!

aa580d11
Community Member

I have the same problem, I have not been able to close the contract due to this error

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Please know that our engineers are aware of this issue, and they are working to resolve it soon. Once we have more information regarding this issue, we'll make sure to post it here. 

Thank you for your understanding!

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Hey! I'm getting the same error

d517434a
Community Member

Sounds good. 

I am still having this issue. Do I need to open a ticket? 

Thanks. 

Window.IGLOO.getBlackbox is not a function pops up when I press the review button to review my client.  Can someone help me fix this so I can go through with reviewing my client?

Thank you.

Hi Jentrix,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am also facing this issue when I am trying to give feedback to my client after ending of contract

rubirk
Community Member

Can you please update? Is the issue has been resolved?

ee15476b
Community Member

I'm getting the same message. Commenting so I can also get a support ticket opened on this issue. Thank you!

Solution: Try ending the contract through UpWork mobile application. It is working for me. 

61e496b3
Community Member

Greetings.

I am experiencing the same problem. I cannot give feedback (and couldn't close the contract either; freelancer could close it, though).

Used to get the igloo message, too, but now the page just gets stuck after pressing the green button (the button then turns to grey and the page never moves on). Trying to use a different browser yielded no results.

It seems I cannot contact support either (page doesn't open a new window).

Hi Benedikt,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Greetings Pradeep and greetings Upwork Community,

I was able to resolve the issue by disabling one of my browser extensions (an adblocker in my case) and refreshing the entire page.

(My extensions usually do not interfere with Upwork at all, or at least not in a detrimental way. I can use other parts of the website without problems, so I didn't suspect them to be the reason.)

Hope others can solve their problem with that info, too.

Kind regards.

fahim_sabuj
Community Member

I have same issue when i try to give feedback to my client. 

81ef093f
Community Member

Trying to close my contract since Saturday, and am getting the same error.  Can someone help me resolve this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths