🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

460 REPLIES 460

Hi Syeda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ AJ
Upwork

No , it doesn't let me type in the address manually.

Hi Syeda,

Thank you for your message. Please try typing a few characters of your address in the Street address box and if you do not see your address in the list, please select any random street address. You will receive an error, 'Unable to recognize your street number' and get an option to 'Enter address manually'. Feel free to message us if problems persist.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7396dbf8
Community Member

adrees.png

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please try entering your street address manually on the first box?

759e32fa_0-1665310488897.png

If the issue persists, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ AJ
Upwork

,Hello Annie Jane

Thank you for your time, i can't typing in my street address manually on the first box

Hi Ali, 

I appreciate your response. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
762a0dae
Community Member

I moved to Canada from india and now i want to change my location but Upwork not accepting verification i want help on this topic,

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked and it looks like you were able to successfully change your location. Please let us know if you need further assistance!

~ AJ
Upwork
ayeshamasood0
Community Member

same issue

Hi Ayesha,

I'll have one of the support team members assist you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on the ticket here once your report is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bf45e19c
Community Member

i can't enter the street address

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for your message. Please try adding your address and click 'Enter address manually' when you do find your address in the list.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue. I am unable to type in my street address. Can't do it manually either. The box on top is not allowing me to type 

Hi Risha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1184571b
Community Member

I can't enter the street address as the data bar is not working and not allowing me to type anything.

Hi Zawaar,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. I can also see an address that's been added to your account. If you still need assistance editing your address, could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. You can then edit your address by going to Settings> Contact Info> Proceed to edit by hitting the Pencil Icon here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a25a35d0
Community Member

Kindly check and review. I can input my city and number but the street address cannot be completed. I simply cannot manually type the address, there's no clickable textbox.

Please resolve.

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
94e5cb83
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Batuhan Murat,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties adding your address. I'll have one of the Support team members assist you further via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team on this page once your ticket is ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0030a094
Community Member

Hello, I'm Yenal KOCER.

I am trying to create an account on Upwork, but whatever I write in the "Fill in your street addresses" section in the address add section is not accepted and I cannot create an account. I saw that many people are victims of this issue, can you help me?

Hi Yenal,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please make sure you're using a supported browser? Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ AJ
Upwork
f1ca4e65
Community Member

I have the same problem. Can you also contact me directly to solve it?

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please make sure you're using a supported browser? Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Annie!

I have the last version of Chrome and I can't address manually.

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
eef62e83
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue. I keep getting "This address could not be found. Try to select another from the list." & I DO NOT have the option of adding the address manually. 

Hi Natasha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a970bb70
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same issue adding my address. I'm using Chrome, and the address field is there, but I can't type anything in it, so I can't finish setting up my profile.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
0f40fb9e
Community Member

Снимок экрана 2022-11-22 в 19.52.43.png

Good evening, 

Unfortunataly, I cannot fill my street adress because the window does not work (I cannot write in it). Could you help me please. Thank you in advance!

518a1cfc
Community Member

The problem still goes on. After I entered the street address, it still asked me to enter the street address. Please help

Hi there, 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Your profile photo should be a clear, headshot-style photo of you which is cropped from the top of your head, and just below your shoulders, and -

• you are not wearing sunglasses in the photo;
  • it is not a logo or clip-art;
  • it is not a group photo; 
  • the photo was not digitally-altered 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f2bde835
Community Member

Hello,

I'm not too sure where to post this, but I have been very frustrated trying to enter my street address and it keeps saying it is not being recognised. I've tried various combinations but nothing seems to work and I can't complete my profile. I've never had this problem on any other website.

Regards

Colin

Solved it. I needed to upload a photo (I didn't use my own photo for privacy reasons).

50c71536
Community Member

I am new and trying to set up my profile.  I am unable to locate my city in the drop down menu and when I type it in by hand, it does not recognize the city.  I would like to move on and get started!  What can I do to fix this?

Christine Fritz

Hi Christine,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties adding your address. Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and I'll have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ Arjay
Upwork
50c71536
Community Member

It will not recognize that Springfield,  NE is a place.........Nebraska is not an option!

Thank you for your response and confirmation, Christine.

I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths