🐈
» Forums » Support » Adding Categories
Page options
John A Community Member

Categories will not save

I'm working on my profile and cannot get the categories to save.

I have attached an image.  It says "You must select at least one type of work".  

I have tried it in two different browsers, cleared cookies and cache and it's still not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread but if you need further assistance feel free to post in Community and we will be happy to assist you. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
Angela F Community Member

I have the same problem. Is there any solution to this?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Angela,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Yurii and Angela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Yurii A Community Member

Снимок экрана 2022-03-26 в 22.11.01.png

This is my screenshot. In Profile settings I chose Categories, select just one Mobile development, click Save and get this validation error on any browsers and devices. Even in mobile version of Upwork. I see that this problem discussed at least since 2019 year. I think it's some validation error in Upwork code. As you see I'm not alone and this error ocure not only now. Please, fix it for us.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Yurii,

Thanks for explaining this in detail. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Alex M Community Member

I edit the list and ad 1 category as see in attachement

Click save but ask me to add at least 1 category (I already did)

Any idea?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Azizur,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Taras I Community Member

Hello.

I can't save category selection to profile settings.
I have already tried both from a smartphone and different browsers. And cleared cookies.
Everywhere pops up You must select at least one type of work.

What should I do?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Taras,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and it looks like this is a known issue and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Sophia P Community Member

Hi Nikola, I am also having this problem trying to create and save my profile 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your message. Did you try loading your Upwork profile on another browser? You can also try clearing your browser cookies and cache to check if that helps.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Alex L Community Member

It's not working for me.

"You must select at least one type of work."

When setting categories.

Brett L Community Member

Having the same problem, can't select categories, this is a javascript error. This is the error when selecting a new checkbox, this almost certainly the problem

app.682e3057.js:2 TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'find')
at a.toggleCategory (profile.8db9b401.js:1:73432)
at input (profile.8db9b401.js:1:76212)
at Rt (vue.runtime.2.6.14.min.js:6:11360)
at HTMLInputElement.n (vue.runtime.2.6.14.min.js:6:13144)
at HTMLInputElement.i._wrapper (vue.runtime.2.6.14.min.js:6:44947)

This is happening in Chrome & Firefox. 

Ian M Community Member

I am having the same issue. Have tried different browsers and clearing cookies.

Jasmin P Community Member

Hi there 

I'm facing issues to save the category could someone help thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jasmin,

Thank you for your message. Could you try loading your Upwork profile on another browser? You can also try clearing your browser cookies and cache to check if that helps.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Anton A Community Member

Same problem here. I try to select categories in Profile Settings and get an error with the text "You must select at least one type of work". Tried another browser and cache clean, didn't help 🙄

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Anton,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. You can try changing the Categories from the bottom right part of the main page instead of the profile settings. Please let us know if you still encounter any issues and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Anton A Community Member

Thanks a lot! This worked for me 😊

Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread but if you need further assistance feel free to post in Community and we will be happy to assist you. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths