🐈
» Forums » Support » Challenging Client Situation: Seeking Guidanc...
Page options
7eea2778
Community Member

Challenging Client Situation: Seeking Guidance and Solutions

Hi, I'm Dissanayake. I am a video editor and create animations. I'm new to Upwork, but I've completed a lot of work and collaborated with clients worldwide on various platforms. Currently, I'm working on my third project on Upwork, which involves creating a 12-minute YouTube video. I started the contract on October 11th and informed the client that I'd need more time because creating a 12-minute video, including a voiceover, is a time-consuming process.

I began the project, working tirelessly without sleep, but on October 15th, my working PC crashed, and all the project files were lost due to this unfortunate incident. I understand that this is my fault, but I immediately explained the situation to the client. When the client inquired about the project's progress, I honestly informed them about the technical issue. I requested an additional 4 hours to complete the project, but due to the video's length, I knew it wouldn't be possible in such a short time. I asked the client for until the end of the day to finish the project, but the client responded by saying they wouldn't pay and that they would report me to Upwork.

This situation has left me uncertain about the outcome. I had successfully completed a project for this client in the past, but this time, it seems like the client is in a rush. I always maintain a professional and polite demeanor when communicating with clients, emphasizing my commitment to delivering their work promptly. However, the client insists on reporting me and not making any payment. My primary fault in this situation is the PC crash, which I explained to the client.

I'm concerned about the impact of this on my Upwork account. How can I resolve this issue? What should I do if the client reports me? The contract is still active; should I consider canceling it? Has anyone else had a similar experience or have knowledge of how to handle this situation? 

I appreciate your help

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths